5 - 7 years
Posted 64 days ago
The Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (CSS) is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved Cardiovascular (CV) products consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP’s). The CSS will pull through access and drive utilization for approved CV products with appropriate patients.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Drives appropriate utilization of approved CV products. The Sales Specialist works closely with other Novartis commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP’s, and hospitals.
• Leverages expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges while following through with all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards.
• Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans and communicates insights to internal stakeholders.
• Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes and proposes solutions for success.
• Builds and develops professional relationships with cardiology, primary care, Heart Failure clinic staff and others in the territory customers you support.
EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.Minimum requirementsWhat you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus. Fluent English, excellent communication skills.
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales.
• 2 years pharmaceutical sales experience, operating in a highly clinical disease category or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma sales.
• Proven track record of consistent high performance.
• Ability to travel as needed within the territory and have a valid driver’s license.
• Primary Care sales experience is preferred.
• Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals.
• Strong ability to collaborate, influence and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
• Excellent training and support prior to leading your territory in the field.
• Growth, development and the opportunity to work in a knowledgeable Matrix team.
• An excellent benefit package with coverage starting day 1.
• Fleet vehicle and technology to support your work in the field.