PerkinElmer is hiring!
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, organized and assertive Field Sales Specialist possessing the drive and desire to exceed goals in the territory. The position requires solid, working knowledge of current research techniques and a strong knowledge of the entire Next Generation Sequencing Workflow solution. This includes Automation, Extraction and Microfluidic solutions and data analysis.
TERRITORY: Eastern Region
- Meet or exceed territory sales targets for products and assigned business objectives
- Develop tactical sales plans to maximize revenues
- Conduct technical demonstrations of the products
- Effective use of seminars, tradeshows as lead generators and education opportunities
- Negotiate contracts, execute pricing strategy to maintain existing & develop new business
- Maintain a strong customer focus through consultative selling
- Enhance customer satisfaction by building trust and strong relationships
- Partner with industrial partners who integrate our technology with their own
- Daily use of CRM (salesforce.com) database to increase sales effectiveness and forecast accuracy
- Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness
- Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory
- Responsible for selling products into academic research, pharmaceutical, biotech and clinical labs
- Work with application scientist team for customer support and product/applications knowledge.
- 3-5+ years of successful reagent sales experience in the Life Science market
- Knowledge of automation, extraction and microfluidic solutions as part NGS workflow
- Minimum B.S. in Life Sciences (biology, molecular biology preferred)
- Energetic, results-driven with excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a shared vision and defend strategic insights.
- Strong business acumen, with exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly effective time management skills
- Strong customer service skills with a focus on solutions-oriented sales
- Proven ability to build a sales pipeline, manage sales process’, and effectively close orders
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- Approximately 60% travel
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.