The Content and Technology Solutions (CTS) group is responsible for the growth and support of FactSet’s off-platform business and last fiscal year . The team capitalizes on the large ASV opportunity outside of FactSet’s traditional workstation business by selling feeds and other data delivery solutions.
The Americas sales team covers over 600 accounts and over $100M in ASV across IM, GB&B & SP&A.
This CTS sales team is seeking a Sales Specialist - Back Office to assist in growing our business in various offices around the country. This person will work closely with the generalist sales team they are assigned to in order to help generate ASV by selling solutions from our suite of data feed products, specifically within the Benchmark Datafeed and Exchange Datafeed product suite.
The responsibilities of this role include prospecting, lead generation, closing new prospects, up selling existing accounts, and retaining existing book of business. In addition, the salesperson is expected to:
- Develop expert product and market knowledge
- Track prospecting efforts and demonstrate ability to get meetings
- Qualify opportunities and manage the sales process
- Build and maintain a strong pipeline
- Deliver superb presentations and present winning proposals
- Coordinate trials, negotiate terms, and structure contracts
- Think strategically to price and close deals
- Help uncover new workflows within clients to monetize content
- Provide feedback to Strategists and Product Development to enhance and improve our products
- Utilize and work closely with group resources including Sales Engineering and Support/Implementation.
- Collaborate with general sales team to build a CTS strategy for their respective accounts
- 4+ years of proven success in a sales and/or client facing role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills
- Ability to excel individually as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge of CTS products/business a plus
- Willingness to travel and ability to self-motivate
- 20% Use client and industry relationships to identify new business needs and sales opportunities
- Diligently maintain the client, sales cycle, and results data that are required to manage the pipeline of sales
- Map our clients and understand where pockets of deployment opportunity are for new products and users
- 20% Develop a compelling message, value proposition, and potential solutions to garner positive and ongoing attention from existing client decision makers
- Complete all E-learning's and identify opportunities to capitalize at clients and prospects with knowledge attained.
- 20% Work with Generalist Sales and Consulting to develop and execute a strategy to maximize client satisfaction and retention
- Partner to build internal relationships and drive deployment
- 15% Become knowledgeable about the client’s internal business areas, architecture, operations, and applications in order to manage expectations and develop trust/commitment with key decision makers
- Complete all E-Learnings and identify opportunities to capitalize at clients and prospects with knowledge attained.
- 15% You are the SME to demonstrate detailed FactSet product capabilities
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in Front Office workflow and understand how are clients work by going on as many meetings as possible. Leverage internal resources to learn and develop.
- 10% Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the finance industry, current market trends and economic factors in order to maintain a competitive edge and form sales strategies Use current events and changes int eh industry to capitalize on how FactSet should be positioned
- 5% Deliver FactSet training to client end users users; Perform in-person training presentations to increase product awareness and various usage scenarios
- Understand who you are presenting to and learn to identify sales opportunities through user training
- 5% Collaborate with Product Planning Group to ensure development reflects industry /client direction, and provide guidance to the prioritization process based on client feedback. File timely RPD’s after visits to ensure feedback is passed back to PD
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, MIS, economics, accounting, business administration, mathematics or similar field.
- CFA preferred.
- 4 years in client facing role, preferably as a FactSet Consultant and Account Exec
- Strong technical skills and deep FactSet product knowledge, and strong analytical skills
- Broad and up-to-date knowledge of the financial technology industry including trends and market demands
- Proven ability to identify sales opportunities with new and existing clients
- Collaborative team player with a strong sense for creating a positive customer experience to clients Enthusiasm, desire and a strong sense of initiative as a self-starter
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to inspire confidence and maintain composure in stressful situations