The Sales - Solution Executive, Workforce Market role will be responsible for successfully aligning and selling our workforce management solution to meet or exceed sales quota within a specific geographic territory. This individual will have ultimate responsibility for many elements of the sales process, including market segmentation, prospecting, qualifying, positioning, demonstrations, solution expertise, presentations, objection handling, and contract negotiations through sale closure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Identify and Qualify Opportunities for both existing clients and new prospects: Includes aligning the workforce solution with prospect/client initiatives, developing deep knowledge of the workforce management market segment, building customer knowledge and relationships, identifying funding source, securing executive team sponsorship, resolving obstacles, and defining strategic opportunities.
- Negotiate and Close Business: Including assisting in creating and submitting contracts, negotiating contract terms, secure commitment and signature, processing contracts in contract management system, and effectively transitioning client to the implementation phase to ensure long-term customer success.
- Territory Planning and Pipeline Management: Including developing and updating territory plans, managing pipeline in CRM system, updating plans and pipeline, support sales leadership in strategy formulation, and present plans / pipeline to sales leadership effectively and succinctly.
- Support RFP process: In response to request for proposals, lead proposal teams, support quality RFI/FRP response strategy, secure references, and handle pricing strategy.
- Contribute to the HealthStream Sales Community: Includes developing and sharing best practices and leverageable materials, facilitating internal discussions, collaborating with other sales team members, supporting efforts by the Sales Accelerator Office (SAO).
- Undertake Personal and Professional Development Opportunities: Including developing and maintaining outstanding industry and product knowledge, building deep expertise in healthcare trends especially as it relates to workforce management, staff scheduling, and nursing excellence, and continuing to enhance skills and abilities such as communication, presentation, negotiations, and teamwork.
- Value Added Member of Broader HealthStream Community: Includes working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product and Project Managers to create value-added customer solutions aligned with our vision, business principles, and values.
- Challenger Selling Mindset: Understanding that relationship building is important, but assisting clients with their strategic initiatives requires challenging them to think differently.
Target Audience: Being able to listen and understand the needs of stakeholders and target leadership within the C-Suite, Human Resources, Clinical, Risk Management, Education, and other.
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop relationships, ranging from the “C” suite to departmental directors.
- High level of integrity and professionalism, properly setting expectations
- Comfortable in working independently in an empowering, fast paced, results oriented culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area.
- Sales experience with a track record of at least 3 years of superior sales performance in highly competitive environments, preferably within the healthcare workforce management industry.
- Leadership qualities to serve as a team player, but willing to take responsibility and accountability. Shares success with team members.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
2. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervise and lead other team members within assigned territory
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work proactively in a remote environment