Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
The Sales & Service Specialist provides personal inside sales support and customer service to our Major Account Group (MAG), account managers, credit service reps, and Platinum customers (Christian retail stores, ABA accounts). The position seeks the maximization of profitable sales, comprehensive customer relationship management and the assurance of CCMG’s market leadership position while providing excellent customer service over the phone and assists with sales functions.
- Serve as primary support for Major Account Group (MAG) and provide comprehensive customer service.
- Review and process orders, return requests and return authorizations and promptly identify and resolve discrepancies prior to entry.
- Coordinate order processing and fulfilment with Distribution Center contacts.
- Audit and process for credit Christian Market promotional claims (co-op, markdowns, etc.).
- Liaison for frontline home office, store and other designated customer contacts.
- Proactively provide and react to all sales and customer service issues, providing excellent, no-hassle service.
- Provide expertise on traditional EDI POs, POAs and ASNs.
- Promote Platinum-customer use of website-based services.
- Understand the customer’s situation and needs and propose sales and services solutions to match.
- Develop and maintain a current understanding of market conditions and trends, CMGD products, programs, services, policies and procedures
- Process international orders and customer service requests as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel, and other business applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone skills from a customer service aspect.
- Proficient in EDI (electronic data interchange) processing preferred
- Demonstrate team-player, can-do and solutions-oriented attitudes on an integrated services team
- Multi-task and able to deal with interruptions and juggle competing priorities
- High attention to detail, strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Education & Experience:
- Sales and/or service experience preferably in B2B context
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred