The Sales Professional will lead a device territory base business and growth by promoting, selling, and supporting a Circassia Respiratory device product specifically across the Respiratory Specialty and Institutional space. This person will be tasked with successfully partnering cross-functionally with internal business partners in order to drive growth with current customers/accounts as well as develop new business with customers/accounts of high potential within the outlined geography.
The Sales Professional will report to the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and be accountable for the achievement of commercial objectives in the assigned territory in alignment with Circassia's sales goals and business objectives. In order to meet and exceed territory sales goals and business objectives, this person will be responsible for:
- Conducting sales calls to promote, sell, and service Circassia device products and/or services to existing and potential physicians
- Overcoming barriers and provide solutions that are aligned to the customers' needs in order to drive increased adoption and utilization of Circassia device products
- Educating physicians, nurses, educators, and other referral sources
- Utilizing approved sales material to support promotional and territorial needs
- Building and maintaining relationships to establish a solid base of business
- Developing and executing quarterly sales plan to achieve sales goals and objectives
- Engaging RSM with timely recommendations to eliminate or minimize barriers to progress specific to marketplace trends, business opportunities & threats, competitive information, etc.
- Reviewing execution of plan and sales performance results with RSM on monthly basis and make customer and promotional effort adjustments as needed and with sense of urgency
- Increasing utilization of Circassia products within the existing base while successfully growing that customer base organically at the same time
- Completing administrative reporting as assigned
- Actively attending and engaging in meetings and conference calls as required
- Partnering with cross-functional teams and internal resources
- Demonstrating sound judgment and fiscal responsibility in managing all aspects of the assigned territory's business to include sales, relationships, and fiscal expense budget(s)
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as required to support business needs
- Convey an image to customers (internal and external) that demonstrates Circassia's commitment to providing value and solutions to the customers and patients we serve
- Collaborate with peers, customer experience, market access, marketing and training personnel to share information and implement territory initiatives/strategies
- Create, build and maintain positive relationships with physicians & other health care providers pertinent to Circassia business
- Professionally and ethically represent Circassia to external customers (including -but not limited to-HCPs, Hospitals, and/or IDNs) and foster their respect by demonstrating our commitment to advancing patient care and outcomes
- Professionally and ethically represent Circassia internally and foster professionalism within, among, and beyond the region
- Maintains customer and other sales data for current and prospective customers into CRMdatabase
- Demonstrate device to customers and during sales presentations, troubleshoot device as needed while working with customers
- Take responsibility for ongoing professional development to maximize effectiveness in advancing Circassia's objectives
- Leverage internal training and development
- Refine ability to effectively communicate and navigate within and beyond Circassia, engaging with and selling to customers while leveraging the Circassia approach
- Attends company meetings, industry symposiums, conferences, and customer meetings
- Strictly adhere to Circassia's Code of Conduct guidelines, Values, travel & entertainment policies, company car or car allowance policies, etc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems requiring updated knowledge on changing markets and environments
- Demonstrated negotiation and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated communication and teamwork skills, ability to gain consensus and act within a decentralized and/or complex organization
- Exceptional cross functional skills and experience
- Analytical skills including problem solving, forecasting, and financial modeling
- Ability to be accountable to pre-set objectives and work in a field position without corporate structure (demonstrated self-motivation, entrepreneurial spirit)
- Technically savvy and able to learn key components of device, troubleshoot with customers, and demonstrate device with customers
- Flexibility to switch direction if requested; able to handle multiple priorities
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Proven ability to demonstrate a system/protocol-oriented focus around achieving results
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Experience in creating, communicating and presenting professional presentations before customers and diverse stakeholder-like audiences
Qualifications and/or experience required to perform the role
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience Required:Level 1: At least 1-2 years of sales experience, business to business and/or healthcare industry preferred
- Level 2: At least 6 years of successful healthcare (pharmaceutical and/or medical device) sales experience
- Level 3: At least 10 years of successful medical device and/or institutional sales experience.
- Respiratory sales experience, territory knowledge and account management are preferred attributes; B2B sales experience is a plus.
- Device sales is a plus, required for level 3.
- Daily and weekly overnight travel is required. Minimum of 5 days per week in the field and potential for multiple overnights per week under normal circumstances is expected.
Circassia is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, pleaseclick here
Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Veterans
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently drives to site locations and travels by plane or car within the United States. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, telephone, and computer printer. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 20lbs. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and presentations. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. The person in this position frequently communicates with and presents complex medical information to our clients. Must be able to answer questions and exchange information in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Plans work assignments to meet objectives.