Sales Representative - Michigan
Our client has Retained The Carlisle Group to conduct a Search for a Sales Representative in Michigan. This position is meant for a person who is an energetic, self-starter, who has a history of strong relationship building and growing customer relationships. This candidate needs to have tenacity and grit to gain new clients understanding that will open doors with its reputation and previous internal relationships with many of the target customers. Lastly, successful candidates are individuals that are motivated to "Win"; thus, an uncapped variable compensation structure.
The candidate will be responsible for developing and sustaining a robust pipeline of qualified customers utilizing the following services: independent medical evaluations, peer and medical record reviews, defense medical evaluations, and 2nd medical evaluations, specific to Michigan and the surrounding states. Furthermore, the responsibilities include identifying, developing and maintaining key industry relationships that support and broaden the organization's referral base.
The individual works with Company Executives and subject matter experts to understand and promote/sell company products and services to qualified targets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and carry out direct sales and customer service activities (principally direct personal visits) to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Develop ideas and create sales opportunities for clinical services products.
- Respond to and follow up on sales inquiries
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal staff.
- Monitor and report on sales activities to customer contacts and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Maintain and develop a customer and prospect database
- Consistently report sales activities and develop institutional knowledge of customers through platform
- Utilize all marketing and customer value proposition reports as value added services to enhance customer opportunities.
- Manage and communicate the external sales and marketing activities developed by internal marketing and senior management
- Selectively, cross-sell other product and services and bring in SMEs as needed to support those sales efforts.
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years outside sales/account management experience, preferably in out sourced medical claims management services to Customer (see definition) Base, such as independent medical evaluations, peer and medical record reviews, defense medical evaluations, and 2nd medical evaluations.
- Or sales experience in other outsourced services to auto and worker compensation insurer, TPNs, and HR departments self-insured corporations. Previous Casualty claims handling experience is also a plus
- Track-record of growing and building a book of business
- Previous sales training is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel. Job requires 80% travel within region.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with personnel, potential customers, influencers, residents, families, and the general public.
- A self-starter, with the keen ability to generate outreach work; plan and perform job tasks
- Experience working with PC-based software applications for capturing sales data
- Ability to work weekends and nights as necessary.
- Goal oriented; ability to achieve high goals.
- Attentive to detail.