At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Home-based Sales Representative to serve as the technical expert in Boston and surrounding area for the sale, application, support and territory management of pharmaceutical process cleaning and decontamination products and services for STERIS Life Sciences. Identifies key potential Customers in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Cosmetic industries within the region, manages dealer networks, and develops and maintains Customer accounts in order to meet sales targets and increase sales and profits within the territory. Participates in the design and implementation of sales strategies, identifies prospects, calls on Customers, presents new concepts and products and ensures optimal service.
- Sells STERIS in-process steam sterilization packaging to the pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturing sectors. Consults with Customers and evaluates needs in order to recommend, sell and support innovative solutions and ensure Customer satisfaction. Responds to Customer inquiries, troubleshoots issues post-sale and manages and supports the dealer network as STERIS field technical resource.
- Identifies and proactively seeks out valid sales opportunities and methods todevelop new Customers and to build sales with existing Customers. Develops strong long-term business relationships with Customer base.
- Communicates Customer requirements and assists in transitioning the sale of services to the appropriate internal cross-functional teams (Customer Service, Marketing and Technical Service).
- Evaluates non-routine complaints from Customers and takes appropriate action to bring to resolution.
- Identifies opportunities to grow sales by researching potential product/service areas that may benefit Customers. Educates Customers on product line and services.
- Provides competitor “intelligence” to marketing and operations functions.
- Provides timely reporting of activities in order to measure and progress against goals.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and market trends as well as technical knowledge and understanding of products and services. Attends educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Represents the company in a professional and ethical manner and communicates in an effective manner by utilizing accepted business practices in a courteous and professional manner providing timely and accurate responses and service-oriented offers of assistance.
- Contributes to team effort by performing to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and accomplishes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Business
Work experience requirements
- Minimum 3 to 5 years documented pharmaceutical manufacturing experience.
- Validation, quality, technical services or manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience working in or selling technical products/services.
Specific skills and/or business competencies
- Strong understanding of Customer and market dynamics and requirements, with demonstrated ability to expand existing Customer relationships as well as develop new ones
- Demonstrated track record of achieving or exceeding sales goals
- Deep knowledge of product and Customer needs
- Ability to work in a self-directed capacity, adapt to change, and set priorities and balance sales and administrative duties
- Ability to manage territory as a “franchise”
- Strong business acumen, with ability to understand and monitor trends, maintain and develop Customer, product and market knowledge and apply that knowledge to effectively influence sales.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, analytical and formal presentation skills, with ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization, as well as with Customers
- Strong skills in persuasion and influence, with ability to negotiate skillfully with both internal and external groups
- Excellent computer skills, including strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as required.
STERIS is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not onlycommitted to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Req ID: 13487