Responsible for generating support for WBAA in the form of program underwriting from the corporate and non-profit sector for local and national programming. Identifies new underwriting prospects. Initiates prospect calls. Makes presentations. Responsible for all aspects of underwriting activities including development, execution, and servicing of agreements, records maintenance, research and analysis, and management reports. Responsible for coordinating a portion of station content on Website. Position reports to the General Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Three years of experience in corporate sponsorship, media sales, or other similar, related experience.
- Experience in engaging business owners, agency decision-makers and marketers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, highly-motivated, and ability to work well on a number of projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Proficiency with computer software.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, organized, dedicated and results-oriented.
- Willingness to be accountable for revenue goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Strong business relationship building skills.
- Affinity for non-profit public media, including WBAA.
- Proven record of substantial new business development.
- Excellent customer service and cultivation skills.
- Goal-oriented, accountable, self-motivated, driven, team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good writing and editing ability.
- Non-profit fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of public broadcasting.
- Knowledge of web platforms including WordPress.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply