Ensure that you have discussed applying to this position with your current manager, prior to submitting your application.
The Director of Brand & Product Marketing, reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing, will play a key role in delivering the objectives of the brands and will be responsible for leading marketing strategies to ensure delivery of annual EBITDA targets. This role requires partnership and collaboration across functional teams, including but not limited to sales, marketing services, channel marketing, R&D Technology, operations, finance, and legal.
- Lead in a way that reflects Calumets Vision., Mission and Values
- Direct execution and any needed revisions to long-term growth strategy in support of aggressive 5-year EBITDA goals
- Share P&L responsibility with the channel director to deliver against aligned strategies and business commitments. Track progress versus plan and account for results
- Drive development of annual brand plans across portfolio while leading forward looking innovation pipeline based on industry and consumer insights. Effectively drive strategic planning agenda and partner with R&D/Technology, Channel Marketing, Sales, Operations, Legal and Regulatory to build business case, validate and successfully launch
- Lead key project prioritization and management across functions. Projects will range from active pricing management to short-term volume and profit delivery and long-term brand equity building including product launches, innovative packaging and targeted media campaigns
- Direct positioning of Royal Purple and Bel-Ray brands including brand architecture, positioning statements, brand identity development, brand frameworks and guidelines
- Direct creative agency relationship and campaign development for marketing team
- Oversee program budgets and timelines with discipline to drive flawless execution, hitting all milestones within/under budget
- Collaborate with channel teams (Consumer, Industrial, Commercial) to provide support and input for channel specific executions
- Establish success criteria for in-market performance; tracking brand and project performance by converting KPIs and findings into specific insights and actions that add value to the business and future plan adaptations
- Develop reports/presentations as needed to inform and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Enhance Calumet culture by staging inclusive activities that promote brand personalities and positive workplace environments
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred
- 5 or more years of packaged goods experience in marketing leadership position(s) with direct reports
- Background in consumer and industrial brand and product management, strategic planning, P&L management, and agency management
- Must be willing to live and work in the Houston or Dallas area. Relocation package available.
- Marketing Expert – Understands how to define consumer and customer targets, identify powerful insights, and build effective integrated marketing campaigns to deliver growth strategies and commitment. Leverages the power and purpose of integrated marketing campaigns and purpose-driven media channels including digital, social and broadcast
- Strategic Marketing Leadership - demonstrated ability to develop fact-based strategies for achieving business goals, to translate business strategies into clear objectives and tactics, and to proactively anticipate future trends or problems, their potential impact, and how to address them with relevant strategies
- Effective Coach and Mentor - demonstrated ability to coach and mentor marketing team members in the effective execution of their job responsibilities
- Motivational Leader and Influencer – ability to enroll, energize, and enable a multifunctional team behind growth strategies - to handle complexity and numerous priorities/projects, while leading by influence across the organization
- Team Player – Calumet’s Performance Brands division has vastly improved its collaborative team culture and a successful candidate will embrace idea that success as a team comes first
- Strong track record of effective partnering and collaboration with cross functional team members
- Ability to effectively brief, lead and maintain accountability with agency partners
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills; highly organized
- Ability to oversee and track multiple projects with due dates and varying requirements and priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering results plus the ability to accept high levels of delegated responsibility
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Lubricants and chemicals industry experience preferred, orientation to Electric Vehicle and Biolubricants.