Sales Representative - Perioperative Portfolio; Infection Prevention Division
Represents and develops 3M Infection Prevention Division’s Perioperative business (Perioperative, Patient Warming, and Avagard™ Surgical Solution) in integrated health systems, independent hospitals within an assigned territory. Responsible for clinical and concept selling of Perioperative products to acute care call points including surgeons, anesthesiologists, Perioperative nursing, Nursing Education, Labor and Delivery, Cath Lab, Infection Prevention, Emergency Department, Biomedical Engineering, Critical Care Units and other relevant departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for driving sales growth through collaborative efforts with other 3M Infection Prevention Division personnel including Monitoring Solutions sales representatives, Perioperative Solutions Clinical Specialists, Technical Consultants, Medical Key Account Managers, Marketing, distribution and OEM partners.
- Understands and effectively communicates clinical / business solutions to surgeons, anesthesiologists Perioperative staff, and other relevant key call points.
- Drives sales growth through customer/product knowledge, ability to identify key opportunities, gain access, and to implement marketing programs.
- Uses territory analysis and opportunity assessment to create a business plan for growth.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited University
- Minimum of three (3) years of medical salesexperience
- Current , valid Drivers license
- Experience calling on the Operating Room, Surgeons, Perioperative clinical staff
- Experience calling on Infection Preventionists in the acute care setting
- Clinical and concept selling skills
- Experience dealing with national contracts, including negotiation and distribution management
- Knows and understands medical terminology, processes and procedures.
- Strong computer skills i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint; uses technology, i.e., iPads
- Good communication skills with the ability to lead and teach