DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Sales Manager to set strategy, determine target Vertical opportunities, and develop overall sales goals/quotas. Potential need to collaborate with other sellers to provide appropriate coverage and total solution to customers.
- Conduct research and prospecting activities for targeted Vertical accounts.
- Maintain a robust pipeline of potential large local and regional opportunities at all points in the sales cycle.
- Develop proposals targeted at key Customer executives and other decision makers that address critical needs.
- Meet with Customers to explain the Unisource value proposition and sell business solutions, like eBusiness integration, logistics services, inventory management tools, etc. Also required to maintain ongoing profitable relationships.
- Participate in business reviews and other Customer functions as needed.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Ability and track record of developing and executing a sales plan to reach target accounts
- Innovative problem solver; recognizing customer needs, providing alternatives and selling and implementing alternative solutions
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage a sales territory and the selling process
- Strong PC skills and experience using sales tracking software
- 10+ years of related experience
- Bachelor of science degree required or equivalent industry experience
- Successful track record of growing a territory and sales
- Experience providing custom products and consultative sales solutions based on providing value, not just price driven