Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.
- Plan sales and gross profit activities on an ongoing basis. Develop yearly objectives for each of your key accounts to include action plans based on Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analysis to place us in the preferred position. Meet or exceed your plan each year.
- Have an accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in your territory. Make sales calls oncustomers and prospects at a frequency that will place us in the preferred position. Build customer relationships by investing in entertainment, mill/manufacturer visits, and specialties, etc. Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to guarantee future sales growth at greater than the market growth rate.
- Keep the appropriate Sales Manager and/or Business Manager well informed, at reasonable intervals, on progress being made on significant sales and account developments, as well as market, credit and competitive changes. These should be reported whether positive or negative.
- Develop and maintain mill/manufacturer relationships through joint planning, sales calls and target accounts. We must ensure our mills/manufacturers place us in the preferred position with new product introductions and market segment support.
- Investigate and resolve all customer complaints promptly. Evaluate source of problem and participate in resolution with all involved parties.
- Assist in the collection efforts of the Division on assigned accounts.
- Properly communicate announced product and price changes, availability conditions and other pertinent announcements to your customers. Deliver samples as necessary.
- Maintain all system information in a timely, accurate and complete manner. This should include but not be limited to customer master, express order forms; customer unsold stock agreements, computer price rules for all customers, etc.
- Maintain all customer files accurately, including key personnel, sales history and potential sales data.
- Execute all paperwork in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner.
- Foster appositive working environment with fellow employees and customers. Participate, when appropriate, on task teams torepresent the sales perspective and promote company development.
- Participate actively in company-sponsored training sessions, regularly scheduled sales meetings and division functions.
- Review new product developments and sales techniques on an ongoing basis. Develop a complete and comprehensive technical knowledge of all products appropriate to your market or territory. Achieve certification where required.
- Acquire system knowledge and competence, both operational and informational, to perform all functions at a professional level.
- Be accessible during normal business hours through the use of an electronic or cellular telephone.
- May be requested to perform other duties not listed above.
- 3 to 5 years of successful selling experience, preferably business to business.
- Required: College degree and equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of packaging and/or commercial printer materials and machinery, and an aptitude to learn about all other products distributed.
- Ability to analyze customer needs, and recommend productive, cost-effective solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building strong ongoing customer relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- General computer skills including practical knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A significant portion of the incumbent's job responsibilities will require PC work that involves the continuous use of the fingers, hands, wrists, and sitting for frequent periods of time. The incumbent is required to talk, see and hear. The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The incumbent must be able to travel to and from sales calls.