Veritiv has an expansive North American network with more than 180 locations, and we do business with
more than half of the Fortune 500. We're a big company, but we’re also a new company, shaping our
systems and processes to support a successful and sustainable future. We don't just encourage an
entrepreneurial spirit, we embody it.
Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.
The Field Sales Representative position will lead and manage sales and marketing for one of our various selling segments within a geographic territory. The Field Sales Representative is responsible for attaining maximum distribution and sales of segment products while maintaining an enriching profitability according to assigned objectives. This position is accountable for meeting the sales and GP goals as determined by the Company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet individualized segment sales, gross profit and margin goals as determined by Veritiv management.
- Sell and promote products and value-added services to meet or exceed both short term and long term goals in an established territory.
- Actively engage in sales calls on existing customers and cold calling on prospective customers at a frequency that places Veritiv in the preferred position.
- Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to generate long-term sales growth.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in territory, as well as, prepare and conduct regular business reviews to impact customer growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales development and sales support resources to provide customer proposals and quotations focused on generating business and market growth potential.
- Align with territory sales specialist(s) to expand segment and product knowledge base and collaborate on promoting consultative selling solutions to generate new and existing customer growth opportunities.
- Partner with sales team on supporting national business selling efforts and account management.
- Develop business and financial acumen to effectively implement facility solutions sales strategies as directed by sales managers and consistently generate a level of profitability that meets or exceeds business and segment goals.
- Investigate and resolve all customer claims promptly and participate in issue resolution with all involved parties.
- Actively leverage sales technology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
- Participate in sales training and development programs to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment growth.
- Applications Skills/Use/Internal Order Entry Database/proficiency - Desired
- Technical Skills/Desktop/PC Software-Microsoft Office proficiency - Desired
- Business Knowledge/Distribution/expertise - Desired
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experiencerequired.
- Functional Experience/Sales Experience/5+ years - Required
- Demonstrated successful 5+ years experience in territory sales or account management desired.
- Strong understanding or experience within the distribution industry desired.
- Experience in project management and demonstrated understanding of distributionfinancepreferred.
- Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. Additionally, Veritiv will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an invest