New York, NY
Not Specified years
Posted 183 days ago
We are looking to hire a sales and new business development representative. This position can work remotely with occasional visits to our office in central New Jersey. Our company is a small software consulting firm that provides staffing, project management, information technology architecture and software development services. We are looking to add someone to our team that can expand the relationships we have with existing customers and grow the business by bringing in new business. This is a very senior position that requires extensive sales and business development knowledge, in addition to extensive business contacts.
* Executive level management and leadership skills
* Extensive business contacts
* Very strong account management and business development skills
* Very strong sales experience specifically in information technology consulting and professional services sales and targeting financial service, technology, government and pharmaceutical firms.
* Extensive experience in selling IT staffing, software development, system architecture, project management services and solutions
* Proven track record in sales and new business development
* Must have extensive experience with IT sales and IT industry
* Must have an existing book of business
The first, second and third priorities for this position are to bring in new business and this position is solely focused on that. The key activities are:
1. Building a pipeline using your existing contacts and lead generation tools.
2. Leverage a CRM system for managing customer contacts and the pipeline.
3. Make presentations to potential clients as part of the sales and closing process. This would also include setting up joint meetings with our internal team to provide support to you during client meetings.
4. Funnel and filter the sales pipeline to target hot leads.
5. Closing on engagements and setting/adjusting revenue goals.