Less than 5 years experience •
MUST RESIDE IN THE NASHUA, NH AREA OR EAST OF NASHUA
Our client, is one of the world’s leading industrial packaging equipment manufacturers providing a vast array of sophisticated capital equipment and related aftermarket products. Their success in the global marketplace is based on a premium product range that is renowned for reliability, and exceptional aftercare throughout the world. Further, they are committed to continued growth by investing in product innovation and human capital (including comprehensive product and industry training).
About the Position
The Senior Sales Engineer is responsible for growing industrial capital equipment sales in a defined territory.
1. Achieve Sales Target
- Achieve consistent on-target performance based on annual sales goals.
- Conduct quota of sales calls.
- Liase with existing customer base to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction translating into high levels of customer retention.
- Provide regular, timely monthly reports on business activity.
- Provide support and assistance where necessary to other members of the Sales Team, to ensure that the overall sales target is achieved.
- Perform on-site demonstrations of any technology when required. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the range of products and a strong knowledge of competitor offerings.
2. Explore and Exploit Market Opportunities
- Actively plan and execute projects, to discover new opportunities in the marketplace.
- Provide feedback on all leads contacted.
- Attend Trade Shows and Exhibitions where appropriate.
3. Work Effectively
- Work effectively to minimize irrecoverable costs due to incorrect specification of work.
- Ensure all business actions are followed up promptly and diligently.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork and e-mails are provided for every quotation sent.
- Present a professional image of the company, using the Multimedia sales aid and other sales tools.
- Develop a close working relationship with your local Service Engineers.
- Work closely with other Sales Engineers
- Prior industrial sales experience selling into manufacturing companies. Preferably packaging equipment or industrial capital equipment (stretch wrappers, palletizers, conveyors, forklifts, etc).
- Prefer candidates that have a technical background/education or technical aptitude.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Prior outside sales experience required, 3+ years.
- Ability to travel overnight
- Must be a self-starting individual capable of meeting sales objectives and maintaining a steady work pace.
- Must be able to speak persuasively and fluently while selling a product.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, or similar software desired. Requires the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the company