Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A012537 - Sales Representative - Mining - Prince George, BC
JOB PURPOSE: Support the specified direct business in meeting its growth and sustenance budgets through customer development and maintenance. This is a new position as part of the new reorganization structure in Western Canada. Orica is seeking a Sales Representative for Under Ground and Surface Mining in British Columbia to support the Territory Manager in marketing, supporting and ultimately growing Orica's mining business in the region.
Must be willing to travel (70%), spend time in remote camps or other Orica customer locations.
Experience and Qualifications
- Surface and underground metal mining experience
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, and relationship building skills with all stakeholders- Customers, Local Community, First
- Nations, Regulatory Personnel, and internal Orica etc.
- Must be willing to travel (70%), spend time in remote camps or other Orica customer locations.
Prefered Requirements -
- A degree in Mining. (BS/BA degree in appropriate field or equivalent work experience.)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to be develop creative customer solutions - problem solving.
- Expert understanding of initiation systems and their application in advanced blasting solutions.
- Ability to develop and conduct effective marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Strong degree of professionalism and self motivation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining customer service relationships in a market with significant growth opportunities.
- Ability to provide customer solutions matching Orica operational abilities and budgetary requirements.
- Ability to identify and sell the benefits of Orica products and services and structure value propositions.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and the Internet.
- Ability to interact effectively with people in varying situations.