Overall Job Summary
The Sales Representative sells company products or services in an assigned area or territory. This role develops sales leads and creates new customers, builds business relationships with new and existing customers and exudes thorough knowledge in the products and services being offered to the customer.
- Compiles catalog of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers and pursue orders or talks with customers by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features and benefits.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Provides credit applications and assists in collection of past due accounts.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains expense accounts.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Successfully and consistently achieves sales quotas.
- Sells and promotes the Merchandising System and the accompanying products.
- Instructs employees or purchasers in use of merchandising systems.
- Attends state and regional trade shows.
- Additional duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- 6+ years progressive business to business selling experience required
- Experience in death care industry strongly preferred
- Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must have current driver’s license.
EEO Statement: Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age or disability. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled