The Account Manager/Sales Representative will report directly to a Sales Manager. The Account Manager/Sales Representative will collaborate with functional teams: sales, finance, customer service, design, production, shipping and administration. In addition, the Account Manager/Sales Representative will interface and respond as appropriate with corporate functions including Corporate Strategic Accounts and Sales & Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals as determined by sales budgets and forecasts, with a focus on profitable volume growth and increasing operating profit margins.
- Define and execute business strategies for profitably growing existing business and generating new business. Qualifies and develops new business opportunities within territory. Closes new business opportunities to assure goal attainment.
- Co-lead key sales initiatives for larger accounts or strategic accounts. Coordinate with other Sales and Marketing personnel as needed.
- Develop strong client relationships over time that provides significant input to planning company product, price and strategies.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to self-development of selling skills in the areas of priority setting, negotiating and problem solving.
- Work closely with local management to identify and pursue opportunities for other U.S. Corrugated plants with specialty products or more appropriate logistics or equipment.
- Work closely with customer service department to ensure all customer specifications and information appropriate to customer handling are documented and communicated.
- Provide analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation.
- Consult with management to provide accurate market feedback, pricing input and recommendations on RFPs that contribute to account profitability and volume forecasts outlined for the year.
- Assist and/or lead credit and collection initiatives in conjunction with Finance to adhere to Company policies.
- Control individual travel and entertainment expenses that adhere to yearly budget.
- Actively pursue cost reduction/margin improvement activities in accounts.
- Insure appropriate levels of inventory are maintained for warehouse customers as well as insuring prompt disposition of agedinventory.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred.
Previous Work Experience
- Will have a minimum five years of progressively responsible business to business sales experience.
- Will have experience with the sales function at a manufacturing site.
- Have superb sales, customer service, administrative and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a strong business and financial background and be process and results-driven.
- Experience within corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments is desired. Working knowledge of current business software technologies is required.