This role spends a majority of time outside of the office calling on prospective customers and following up on sales leads as well as maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Meets minimum acceptable sales and activity levels.
- Builds relationships with prospect and current clients to give and get referrals. Focuses on relationship selling.
- Calls on prospective customers to explain benefits, and value of firm's service offering.
- Promotes extended services to prospective and existing clients.
- Follows up on sales leads generated from a variety of sources.
- Develops a prospective customer list generated by various methods.
- Completes bid paperwork in a timely manner and finalizes new client contracts.
- Accomplishes sales goals determined through consultation with management.
- Completes activity and pipeline reports and submits to management at the required time.
- Facilitates the new client process by effectively communicating the information gathered from new clients before their orientation.
- Confers with Service Team to resolve client issues.
- Travels throughout the market area and spends a majority of time outside of the office, meeting with prospects and clients for the purpose of selling the Company’s services. Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate changes in prospect’s or client's plans.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Principles and practices of general outside sales processes, including assessing buyer styles and sales personalities; ability to interpret, analyze, and apply company policies, objectives, and sales policies; appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of business circumstances.
- Methods and techniques used in persuasion and negotiation of conflicts and problems; dealing constructively with conflict; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing, in a diverse range of audiences and settings; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of small business operations and challenges, and human resource related needs is preferred.
- Up to 20% of time
Offering unrivaled benefits starting day one!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- Four hours/month paid volunteer time off
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan
- And much more!