Are you looking to join a company where you feel empowered in your work and your job is not just a job,
but a path toward a rewarding and successful career? Do you want to be part of a company that
customers and suppliers not only want to do business with but need to do business with?
If you answered yes, then Veritiv might be the place for you. We encourage you to learn about and apply
to Veritiv if you seek a unique work experience, where diverse ideas are met with enthusiasm, and where
you can realize your full potential.
- Actively engage in sales calls on existing customers and cold calling on prospective customers at a frequency that places Veritiv in the preferred position.
- Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to generate long-term sales growth.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in assigned territory as well as prepare and conduct regular business reviews to impact customer growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales development and sales support resources to provide customer proposals and quotations focused on generating business and market growth potential.
- Partner with sales team on supporting national business selling efforts and account management.
- Develop business and financial acumen to effectively implement facility solutions sales strategies as directed by sales managers and consistently generate a level of profitability that meets or exceeds business and segment goals.
- Investigate and resolve all customer claims promptly and participate in issue resolution with all involved parties.
- Actively leverage sales technology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
- Participate in sales training and development programs to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment growth.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to learn and execute Salesforce requirements
- Demonstrated successful 5+ years experience in territory sales or account management desired.
- Strong understanding or experience within the distribution industry desired.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Understanding of manufacturing and education markets in the facility solutions area.
- History or ability to network within the area market place professional organizations, such as IFMA.
- Experience in project management and demonstrated understanding of distribution finance preferred.
- Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential.
- A significant portion of the job responsibilities will require computer interaction that involves the continuous use of the fingers, hands, wrists, and sitting for extended periods of time.
- The incumbent must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.