Sales Representative - Facility Solutions
The Field Sales Representative position will lead and manage sales and marketing for one of our various selling segments within a geographic territory. The Field Sales Representative is responsible for attaining maximum distribution and sales of segment products while maintaining an enriching profitability according to assigned objectives. This position is accountable for meeting the sales and GP goals as determined by the Company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet individualized segment sales, gross profit and margin goals as determined by Veritiv management.
- Sell and promote products and value-added services to meet or exceed both short term and long term goals in an established territory.
- Actively engage in sales calls on existing customers and cold calling on prospective customers at a frequency that places Veritiv in the preferred position.
- Develop a sufficient number of high potential prospects to generate long-term sales growth.
- Maintain accurate, detailed and comprehensive knowledge of the potential of each account in territory, as well as, prepare and conduct regular business reviews to impact customer growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales development and sales support resources to provide customer proposals and quotations focused on generating business and market growth potential.
- Align with territory sales specialist(s) to expand segment and product knowledge base and collaborate on promoting consultative selling solutions to generate new and existing customer growth opportunities.
- Partner with sales team on supporting national business selling efforts and account management.
- Develop business and financial acumen to effectively implement facility solutions sales strategies as directed by sales managers and consistently generate a level of profitability that meets or exceeds business and segment goals.
- Investigate and resolve all customer claims promptly and participate in issue resolution with all involved parties.
- Actively leverage sales technology and tools to meet strategic account planning objectives and maximize customer and segment growth potential.
- Participate in sales training and development programs to enhance sales competencies and further expand ability to effectively generate profitable customer and segment growth.
- Applications Skills/Use/Internal Order Entry Database/proficiency - Desired
- Technical Skills/Desktop/PC Software-Microsoft Office proficiency - Desired
- Business Knowledge/Distribution/expertise - Desired
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experiencerequired
- Functional Experience/Sales Experience/5+ years - Required
- Demonstrated successful 5+ years experience in territory sales or account management desired.
- Strong understanding or experience within the distribution industry desired.
- Experience in project management and demonstrated understanding of distributionfinancepreferred.
- Ability to work independently, successfully manage accounts, work under pressure, and adapt to changes in the work environment is essential.
Job ID: R18304