Spruce Finance is committed to helping people reduce their utility bills and improve their homes and environment by offering consumer financing solutions for residential energy efficiency improvements and solar systems. We make our finance products available on a single software platform and sell them through a national network of verified channel partners. Our platform simplifies the salesexperience for our channel partners and helps them sustainably grow their businesses. A private company headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Houston, Anaheim, and New York, we operate in all 50 states and Washington, DC. We have raised more than $2B in financing and currently serve 70,000 homeowners.
Finance products for residential solar – including loans, leases, power purchase agreements, and property-assessed clean energy (PACE) financing – are available in 23 states, and financing for home efficiency improvements is available in all 50 states. Spruce’s national reach and full product suite enable the company to capture more share of business from its channel because clients can access multiple finance products for a wide variety of home improvements on a single platform. Spruce is also able to capture a greater share of wallet from consumers by offering them the financing they want for the energy efficiency home improvement they need, and creating a long-term relationship that enables additional sales of complementary improvements down the road.
If you are interested in joining our Spruce team and want to learn more about our mission, we’d like to meet you.
THE ROLE: Sales Representative - Energy Efficiency
Spruce Finance’s sales model engages contractors, installers, and EPCs in residential markets to deliver its FinTech platform and residential energy efficiency, water efficiency and solar finance products to the US market. We are currently looking for a skilled Strategic Account Manager to drive Spruce Finance revenue and share growth in a defined set of partner accounts. You accomplish this goal by finding new channel partners (primarily contractors), growing existing channel partner relationships and enabling and educating all channel partners on the Spruce platform technology, finance products, and business propositions. In essence, you help them to expand their business and revenue opportunities while selling our finance products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Possess a detailed understanding of channel partner economics with a demonstrated ability to assess a partner’s business and jointly develop successful strategies to incorporate and sell Spruce finance products (energy/water efficiency loans and PACE) in a way that positively impacts all aspects of the partner’s P&L.
- Account planning and management. Drive Spruce revenue and market share at partner accounts through joint execution of plans including, but not limited to, negotiating contracts and joint commitments, providing platform and loan / PACE product training, assisting in the development of co-marketing/demand generation campaigns, introducing new products and managing day-to-day business issues.
- Manage a portfolio of channel partners to achieve revenue and share objectives.
- Acquire new customers and grow volume and revenue within existing accounts.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly territory and account forecasts.
This position will be located in and responsible for a Southern California territory: San Diego/Orange County area; Los Angeles/Riverside County area; or Fresno/Bakersfield area.
- 10+ years of proven B2B salesexperience with an emphasis on experience selling via indirect channels such as contractors, authorized dealers, VARs, integrators and resellers.
- Salesexperience in PACE, energy efficiency, solar, energy or conventional building trades (electrical, roofing, HVAC) is great advantage.
- Results oriented, self-motivated and able to thrive in a complex sales environment.
- Relevant experience managing a portfolio of customers to achieve volume, revenue and share objectives.
- Proven territory planning and management skills.
- Ability to produce sales and revenue forecasts for individual accounts by analyzing historical sales data and information provided by the partner and comparing with competitive and general market data as available.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- You will work from a virtual office and must have easy access to a major metropolitan airport.
- Ability to travel 50%.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as business, marketing or finance is preferred.