The most important criteria for this role is a proven successful track record of sales. This individual must be motivated to both achieve outstanding results and succeed in a competitive environment. As a Schindler Existing Installation Sales Representative, the candidate's role will be to pursue elevator and escalator service, maintenance, repair, and upgrade sales opportunities, as well as to build customer relationships to promote account retention and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be a person of character who embodies Schindler's ideals of honesty and integrity, who maintains an optimistic attitude, is assured of success, and is not afraid to take calculated risks to enhance revenue growth. This role is customer focused, and the selected candidate must be able to connect with people to form outstanding customer relationships in order to advance Schindler Elevator's presence in the marketplace thus ensuring achievement of the organization's financial goals.
Essential Functions Include:
- Work with customers to ensure that maintenance agreements meet both customer expectations and Company requirements for quality, performance reliability and passenger safety
- Pursue repair sales, new maintenance contracts and maintenance contract recoveries through key customer contacts, industry information and other sales leads
- Investigate and resolve customer service related concerns
- Prepare and present recovery, renewal, and repair presentations and proposals to meet or exceed sales and profitability objectives
- Collaborate with Existing Installation Superintendent to ensure essential customer satisfaction and account retention
- Negotiate contract terms favorable to Schindler Elevator, in accordance with Company policies
- Understand and utilize the complete range of Schindler Elevator service offerings in order to ensure the Company meets all client requirements
- Participate in Company professional development programs to enhance working knowledge of Elevator Company products, services and procedures
- Customer meetings, equipment surveys, and other job responsibilities require independent and frequent travel within the sales territory.
- Sales Meetings, Training opportunities, and other requirements occasionally necessitate travel outside of the sales territory. Travelling for these events may require flying, extended driving and overnight stays.
Mobility needs you
- BS/AS degree in Engineering or Business with prior technical sales experience; or, Journeyman Technician experience with minimum 5 years in field
- Minimum 5 years experience in either the elevator industry or in a related building systems industry
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office & Excel and SAP