Sales Representative - Custom Equipment / eCommerce
Less than 5 years experience •
The successful candidate will have a can do attitude with a desire to quickly learn the sales function and our business. Our longtime client is looking for someone who is a natural engaging sales "hunter" with high energy, who is a results oriented top-tier performer. The ideal candidate must have experience in a material handling equipment manufacturer along with experience in the eCommerce Industry identifying and maintaining key contacts and establishing multi-level relationships with key personnel in the target market (first and foremost you will sell into customers in the eCommerce market and who can use our client's material handling carts to efficiently, effectively move product) as well as other markets.
As Sales Rep. you will focus on building the company brand, knowledge and experience to establish our company as the subject matter experts for material handling in the E-Commerce market. An understanding of management of client programs and projects that surpass client expectations and requirements and strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with outstanding negotiating savvy and a take-charge attitude is important. The ideal candidate should be able to understand financial dynamics to ensure targeted results (cost estimates, margins, profit, etc.) along with strong analytical skills to analyze business and conduct due diligence on potential business opportunities.
- Profitably grow sales and market share of material handling equipment in the assigned territory and in the Ecommerce market.
- Achieve contribution margin and profitability targets.
- Leverage existing brand awareness and expertise, including utilization of the vast grocery market knowledge and resources available within the group of companies.
- Develop sustainable customer relationships.
- Champion the big picture, clearly communicating vision & trends for the segment.
- Grow sales revenue through existing customer base and new account development.
- Develop a consultative, value-added sales development approach.
- Focus on the right customers and projects that bring value to the client and profitability to the company.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related field (or equivalent combination of education/training and experience).
- Ideally 2+ years related material handling experience within E-Commerce or a sales role in similar markets or industries that have significant material handling challenges may provide relevant skills and experience.
- Success in championing innovation to improve operational efficiencies for customers.
- Excellent financial skills to be able to interpret financial data and bridges, spot opportunities to reduce costs or improve profitability.
- Proven ability to develop long term sustainable and trusted partnerships.
- Successful experience communicating and influencing effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of company employees and customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office range of products.
- Clean driving record. Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% of time.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Could be home based for candidates already working remote and living outside area. This offers base + bonus + commission plan