The Sales Representative will be responsible for the rental and sale of products and equipment through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. This individual will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales, outside sales and communications skills using a courteous and knowledgeable approach. The Sales Representative will also develop his/her revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers leading to future sales. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develops new customers; identifies and pursues valuable leads.
- Services current client base, responding to needs and requirements; provides technical advice.
- Maintains records of projects to properly manage job sites; generates other reports as required.
- Assists with bidding on jobs and material takeoffs.
- Resolves customer disputes during initial setup of contract; serves as resource to the Customer Service Representatives (CSR) following contract completion.
- Assists CSR's with dispute resolution following completion of contract.
- Determines preliminary equipment and labor availability.
- Provides clarification to customers on terms and conditions.
- Consults with engineering and operations departments as required.
- Generates revenue in the commercial and construction markets.
- Grow existing customer accounts and relationships.
- Develop and build relationships with new accounts and develop additional contacts within existing accounts and increase market share.
- Develop and execute strategies aimed at growing target accounts related to geography, market segment, product line or account resulting in revenue growth.
- Keep up-to-date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings in a timely manner in the format required.
- Prepare and present technical presentations on products and services.
- Entertain clients as required.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor, and attitude at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with emphasis on business, marketing, mathematics, engineering or similar discipline; strong ability to read blueprints; ability to visualize shoring, forming and scaffolding schemes; at least 5-10 years outside sales experience in construction field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge Word, Excel.