Product Sales – The Sales Representative will prospect, source, and maintain quality customers in assigned area. A requirement of this role is to achieve or exceed assigned sales goals by developing action plans and schedules to identify specific sales prospects, targets, and/or markets and to project number of contacts to be made. The Sales Representative will manage and sell products directly to customers in assigned area and will actively engage in planned prospecting activities geared at increasing the customer base. They will follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity and establish rapport through maintaining regular contact with existing and new customers (particularly key accounts). The Sales Representative will respond promptly to customer inquiries, introduce new products and service upgrades, study the customer's needs and will coordinate service for the customer. The Sales Representative will maintain their customer base, sales activities, quotes, and leads on a daily basis using Sales Force.
- Prepare and present quotes, proposals, pricing, credit terms, and renewal, extension, or alteration of service contracts to customers. Activate and maintain contract services.
- Oversee customer services through quality checks and follow-up; to help in identifying and resolving customer concerns.
- Maintain a professional image at all times through personal actions and initiatives. Enhance the Company's reputation and brand image by consistently working to implement the Company’s core values of commitment, interaction, and innovation.
- Obtain, develop, prepare, deliver, and present sales materials, exhibits, and promotional programs when attending exhibits, conferences, meetings, and other local, regional, and national promotional opportunities.
Training & Development– The Sales Representative is expected to continuously update their job knowledge (for both products and sales/marketing strategies and skills) by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; networking; and participating in professional organizations.
Reporting – The Sales Representative, prepares reports as assigned relative to activity, lost orders, closings, follow-up, and performance against budget. These reports may also be on special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity, including recommendations for product, service, pricing changes and evaluation of competitive developments.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four yeardegree in engineering, business or marketing or High School Graduate with equivalent work experiencerequired.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct industrial outside sales experience.
- Must be self-directed.
- Able to prospect business and make cold calls.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have proven business analysis skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Up to 10% over night travel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.