Sales Representative, Brain Therapies ( Deep Brain Stimulation )
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
The Sales Representative will manage territory base business and growth by initiating, supporting and developing strategic implanting centers and assisting in developing key referral networks. Act as primary account/implanter relationship contact for assigned territory’s customer needs including account level reimbursement responsibility. This position includes coordination of all support activities and development of sales partnerships with distribution alliances.
- Sell implantable devices for specific therapies to physicians, institutions, payors, and other appropriate medical staff
- Sell the Value Proposition for Medtronic to physicians, institutions, payors, and other appropriate medical staff
- Partner with strategic implanting centers to develop the account/implanter practice
- Providing product and therapy technical support and service, including consultation at strategic management and analysis of sales trends; utilization of appropriate Neuro business partners to present marketing and business plans to accounts for territory development and growth
- Maintains a working knowledge of competitive products.
- Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, IPAD and PC
- Ability to manage personal expenses and budget effectively
- Ensures personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable. Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 3 years of medical device/pharmacology sales experience
- Master’s degree in health care related field
- Solid knowledge of reimbursement climate
- Familiarity with the operating room
- Solid job skills in business planning/consulting and territory financial analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
Physical/Other Requirements Needed to Perform Position:
- Required to function using healthcare universal precautions to minimize exposure to infectious disease and radiation
- Required to attend national meetings, district meetings and other training as requested
- Sit/stand/walk 6-8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.