401K Sales Professionals are field-based and engage with their local community to position our client’s 401(k) as the leader in the retirement advising space.
If you have a drive for numbers and art of the sale, we want to speak with you! We are looking for a unique individual who is great at networking. If you are the person who can chat to anyone and relate to them, then you will excel in this role.
As a 401K Sales Professional, you’ll create and build relationships with CPA’s, Business Advisors, Brokers, Payroll and Insurance representatives, and other Center of Influences within your assigned territory. Working with prospects generated from these relationships, you will partner with the sales teams to turn these referrals into closed/won clients for the firm.
- Use prospecting skills and sales tools to uncover and establish center of influence connections.
- Network within the local business community to establish a 401(k) space presence.
- Attend local networking events, trainings, and conferences, as well as partnering with local CPA societies and applicable associations.
- Build relationships and provide information on the 401 (k) programs to your new contacts.
- Hold CPA Meetings (online and in-person) to review our client’s services and discuss partnership resources and benefits.
- Work with self-established centers of influence and established partnerships to prospect for new opportunities.
- Build, maintain, and enhance relationships that generate referrals by adding value and remaining visible.
- Utilize firm technology and resources to deliver regular and relevant content.
- Present (online and in-person) Continuing Professional Education Courses for CPA’s and other trainings to current and potential network.
- Meet with referrals, understand their needs, qualify the opportunity, and present the basic 401(k) space value proposition.
- Set meeting for prospect and Retirement Plan Consultants.
- Attend sales meetings when appropriate to ensure a smooth transition and sales experience.
- For start-up opportunities, present full 401 (k) value and pricing and complete the sales process.
- Use Salesforce to track daily activities, load referrals, manage campaigns, and update prospect records.
Skills and Competencies
- Relationship building
- Networking capabilities (virtual and in-person)
- Strategic prospecting
- Active listening
- Negotiating skills
- Strategic prospecting
- Rapport building
- Time management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Sales experience
- Knowledge of the Retirement Industry (preferred)
- Salesforce (preferred)
Generous base and Uncapped commissions in addition to great benefits:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- A 50% 401(k) match, up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of PTO*, plus 9 paid holidays
- 8 weeks paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave