Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
5 - 7 years
Posted 59 days ago
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent's expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions.
Agilent's culture is based on innovation; trust, respect and teamwork; and uncompromising integrity. Added to these are speed, focus and accountability to meet customer needs and create a culture of performance that draws on the full range of people's skills and aspirations.
Agilent is regularly recognized by external organizations for its culture as well as its practices around processes and people.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, people-oriented Atomic Spectroscopy/Spectrometry Account Manager. In this position, you will sell analytical instrumentation and develop a professional sales relationship with customers. As an Atomic Account Manager, you are tasked to specifically sell and expand Atomic Absorption (AA), Microwave Plasma (MP-AES), Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP-OES), Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometers (ICP-MS), Supplies and Service products to all application markets in the Pacific Northwest Territory (includes Washington, Idaho and Montana and the surrounding areas). These and other duties will be performed in an assigned territory with moderate supervision.
- Manage, drive and grow Agilent's Atomic Spectroscopy Business in assigned territory.
- Responsible for developing customers and maintaining their satisfaction.
- Maintain positive ongoing long-term relationships with key customers.
- Creates monitors and revises lead generation plans.
- Develop and provide technical solution oriented sales and support for both your internal and external customers.
- Develop technical competency throughout the entire Atomic Spectroscopy portfolio and the ability to present technical presentations and seminars to potential customers.
- Account Management -- Territory planning; provide reports on business and market activities; and manage all territory account & contact date for assigned territory.
- These and other duties as assigned.
RegionAmericasTravel RequiredYes, 50% of the TimeSecondary LocationsRequirements
- Education: Bachelordegree in Biological or Physical Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Selling Experience: 5+ years with strong analytical instrumentation knowledge and experiencepreferred.
- AA, MP-AES, ICP-OES, ICP-MS operational experience desirable.
- Familiarity with major customers in the territory and major applications for these techniques desirable.
- Strong computer skills and oral presentation skills are essential.
- Must be an excellent team player, able to work collaboratively.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in job and ability to work independently.
- Strong project management experience and skills, able to meet deadlines while handling several different tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Available for flexible work schedule and up to 50% business travel.