Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand plant production capability, open capacity and incremental sales opportunities - focus the local sales efforts on high value and efficient product lines.
- Develop local market plans based on plant production ability/unique opportunities.
- Establish relationships with potential customers using PET packaging within the defined territory.
- Within target customers, identify key decision makers and influencers beyond purchasing (total enterprise) and develop appropriate relationships to drive growth.
- Assess account opportunities, account trends and define aspirations.
- Set product pricing based on following principles: stock or standard products - utilize preestablished pricing parameters agreed with BU Commercial Finance groups; non-stock products - engage BU Commercial Finance functions to obtain quick guidance.
- Aggressively execute quarterly sales plans to increase utilization and drive incremental profitability.
- Work with the Plant Director/Regional Account Manager/Supply Chain to engage more complex business opportunities.
- Communicate business wins and customer requirements to key stake holders and help ensure that customer deliverables are met.
- Coordinate information flow and action planning with relevant functions (cross-functional team coordination).
- Responsible for forecasting, Accounts Receivable, and daily business needs.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study
- Minimum 5-7 years of successful manufacturing sales experience, preferably in packaging, with a track record of driving rapid customer identification and close.
- Demonstrated success in assessing operational capability and opportunity.
- Demonstrated competencies in communication, negotiation and selling while working in a highly matrixed environment.
- Exceptional ability to develop a sales plan and execute.
- Working knowledge of financial modelling and cost accounting.
- A self-starter, driven and focused.
- Solid technical aptitude with the manufacturing process and technical product requirements.
- Ability to travel as necessary to ensure plant success.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Product Engineering
- Commercial Finance
- Commercial Sales/Marketing
- Regional Business Unit
- Plant Staff Management
- External Customers