TThe Inside Sales Specialist is a key position responsible for driving sales in a target market – R&D labs, universities and research institutions. This position is responsible for proactive business development in the territory – lead follow up, customer
management, project management, lead generation campaigns, cold calling and collaboration with the field sales team. We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated success in both managing and developing a territory from the inside, with limited field activity
(as required). The ideal candidate is customer-focused, organized, creative in technique to reach new customers, an outstanding communicator and most importantly, results driven.
- Stimulates demand and secures sales for equipment, accessories and consumable products with existing and new customers in assigned territory through outbound contact effort.
- Achieves or exceeds territory sales plan by maintaining existing business and developing incremental business in existing accounts
- Searches for, identifies and develops leads for new business in new accounts within assigned territory.
- Manages sales pipeline, track customer contacts, and account details using the company’s Customer Relationship Management system.
- Identify and build relationships with key decision makers through friendly, engaging communication.
- Identifies and analyzes customer needs and develops commercial arguments
- Builds customer relationships and shares knowledge of products, their characteristics and the market.
- Plans daily activity including customer calls, creating a time efficient plan using the company’s Customer Relationship Management system.
- Organizes own work routine with guidance as provided by sales leadership.
- Provides forecast data to sales management
- Partner with the lab team to organize remote demonstrations for existing and potential customers, advises customers of the benefits of Buehler and Buehler products.
- In partnership with the lab team, organizes and participates in laboratory testing of customer samples.
- Partner with outside sales force in joint selling efforts for potential large business opportunities.
- Assists outside sales team with lead qualifications
- Participates in sales meetings to obtain information on sales objectives, promotional actions, new products, improvement ideas, etc.
- Participates in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects and applies this knowledge in efforts to increase business.
- Follows market and competition evolution and transmits information to sales leadership.
- Tracks and shares information on wins and losses adjusting sales presentation as needed.
- Requires either a Bachelor’s degree in a science/technical discipline or a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline plus a minimum of 3 years inside sales experience, with demonstrated results.
- Requires strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication and a pleasant telephone manner.
- Demonstrated customer focus.
- Prominent organization and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task a high volume of projects at one time.
- Works independently as a self-starter, successful at prioritizing work.
- Decision making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Persistence and positive attitude.
- Fluent in Spanish desired
- Formal or corporate training in selling skills desired.
- Proficient level of competency in using Microsoft applications such as word, PowerPoint, excel, outlook.
- Ability to travel at least 10% of the time.
- Position reports to the R&D Sales Manager.