The Sales Reporting Analyst is responsible for reporting and analysis, developing and managing a comprehensive sales and service reporting database, in order to fulfill standardized and ad-hocreporting requirements for the Sales and Service groups. The position identifies current sales activities to recognize potential changes in customer base leading continuous improvement efforts in sales visibility to leadership and sales teams.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Create and standardize sales and service reporting processes, aligned with business needs. Focus on improving availability and interpretation of sales data, with an emphasis on providing value-added recommendations to improve business performance.
- Manage monthly sales and service reporting process. This involves extracting sales data, tracings and adjustments.
- Continuously audit all systems (Database, SAP, COGNOS) to ensure consistency of data across all systems and accurately performing.
- Accommodatesales and service reporting changes quickly and accurately, while at the same time capturing variances and outliers.
- Manage field inquiries regarding performance, historical sales trends, account/product level detail, etc.
- Create, join, and manage complex data sets into a comprehensive data visualization platform (BI tools, Excel, etc.) that can be used to drive root cause analysis of problems. Gain access to, manipulate, and analyze big data from multiple sources
- Understand business needs in order to identify, develop, and implement enhancements to reporting and analytical deliverables.
- The position will interact with various sales leaders and will be responsible for influencing growth models to enable the business to grow at scale for future years.
- Serve as a liaison between Sales Management and the COGNOS team for creation of new reports, trouble shoot existing reports and provide training to the field as needed.
- Work closely with Sales Management, Finance, and IT to understand business needs in order to identify, develop, and implement enhancements to reporting and analytical deliverables.
- Apply statistical analysis to derive optimal outcomes
- Create and document formalized processes to coach the sales team toward consistent best practices
- Participate in the development of Sales Quota for the Field Sales team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum five(5) years experience in a reporting role, Sales Support, Finance, or Data Analysis or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Medical Device or Healthcare industry experience a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and otherdatabase concepts.
- Experience with financial and/or sales-related software applications (SAP, COGNOS, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize various, independently generated data points into a cohesive analysis.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects.
- Strong presentation skills accompanied with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).