Job Description Summary
The Account Consultant is responsible for the positioning and selling of specific products and product solutions within assigned facilities/departments. This includes the technical (features, functions, benefits) sales aspects, and the conceptual sales aspects, and validation of the product cost/value proposition for Halyard Health and competitive products. Pain Management Devices include: nerve ablation needles, radiofrequency ablation (rhizotomy) products, procedural needles and trays, and other products providing solutions in the area of treatment for pain.
The Account Consultant will work with Hospitals, Surgical Hospitals, Clinics, Surgeons, Neurologists, Radiologists, and Nurses in a geographic territory.
The ideal candidate for the Medical Device Account Consultant will utilize personal skills and product knowledge to build and maintain relationships with key facility staff in assigned markets.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key surgeons, therapists, nurses, physicians, clinicians, department decision makers and/or administrators (multiple decision makers and influencers) within assigned accounts or markets.
- Developing and maintaining expertise across a range of products and product platforms
- Effectively dealing with geographic dispersal of assigned facilities
- Drive contract and price negotiations and contract management.
- Tactical implementation of sales activities to achieve business objectives
- Create sales positioning, analysis, and inservice implementation of product categories (to include creating business value selling skills)
- Tactical implementation of the business and selling activities required to meet objectives
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated success in medical device sales experience.
- Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proven successful sales track record