Job duties serving as the subject matter expert and product design specialist on employee benefits products, include but are not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Group Life, Long Term Care, etc. The ideal candidate must be able to drive new business through onsite workplace benefit sales; and is proactive, gregarious, resilient and self-directed. He/She should have the ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner in large groups and one-on-one sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospect, develop, propose and bind new business.
- Actively pursue new client prospects through telemarketing, networking, and personal referrals
- Renew existing clients every year
- Ability to cross sell corporate clients property & casualty and personal insurance policies
- To assist office staff in collection of required coverage information and collection of necessary deposit and renewal premiums
- Participate in professional development activities to continue improving knowledge base needed for employee benefits
- Maintain the proper documentation for existing and prospective clients
- Oversee all aspects of your new groups with the assigned account manager
- May supervise the work of assistants and other support positions
- All other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in B2B Enterprise Sales with proven track record highly preferred
- Persistent desire to succeed, Competitive drive
- Experience in PEO, HRIS, Payroll, Employee Benefits, or similar industry experience highly preferred
- Proficient on computers and with Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, self-managing, strong work ethic
- Capable of maintaining long-term relationships with clients
- Active SC Life & Health License, or willingness to obtain it within 60 days of employment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree Highly Preferred
- This position requires routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodically thereafter, and maintenance of minimum acceptable insurance coverages are a requirement of this position.