Born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler operates a massive, global cloud securityarchitecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network, Zscaler is transforming enterprise security for the modern cloud era.
The Sr. Manager, Americas Deal Desk is responsible for supporting the AMS Sales organization in structuring deal pricing, terms and managing the non-standard policy review and approval process. The ideal candidate will possess proven business acumen, financial analytics and project management skills while building and maintaining strong working relationships with our sales teams and cross-functional stakeholders. This role will partner with multiple internal groups including Sales, Finance, Legal, Product Management, Sales Operations and Customer Success to maintain efficient support to deals and achieve the initiatives of the Global Deal Desk process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Tasks and Responsibilities):
- Respond to inquiries, provide guidance for quote and contractprocesses, assisting with the proper structure of deals, and advising on standard terms structure for the AMS Sales organization
- Define and ensure compliance with published approval policies including the vetting against the partner program and discount structure
- Assist in the structuring of complex quotes within the Apptus quoting tool including profitability analysis of deals
- Collect data and information to further standardize the deal formation process. Identify opportunities to automate elements of the deal desk and improve operational execution.
- Partner with the Global Deal Desk Leader to drive best practices that ensure pricing decisions are appropriately considered aligned to the company’s strategy
- Engage cross-functional leaders in the development and socialization of new pricing and product configuration strategies, including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Services and Finance, collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure buy-in and successful implementation.
- Identify and recommend policy and process improvements to enhance the effectiveness of deal structure, exception processes and ultimately decrease deal cycle time
- Partner with sales enablement to create and participate in training the AMS sales organization on Deal Desk processes and approvals
- Work with finance and order management to help move orders to closure and mitigate issues for deals that are stuck in order management
- Meet SLA requirements as defined by Global Deal Desk
- Build and present advanced analytics focused on Geo discounting and non-standard proposals for all levels of the sales organization
- 8+ years of experience in deal support management preferably in a high-tech industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment that requires strategic thinking, resourcefulness, results-oriented decision making and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration between finance, accounting, legal, sales operations and sales to help frame and price customer quotes
- Must be familiar with Salesforce.com, CPQ tools (preferably Apptus), MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint