Sales Operations Manager, Chromebooks ( Go - to - Market )
The Chrome OS GTM team plays a critical role in ensuring Google’s continued growth by driving the ChromeOS ecosystem. We work cross-functionally to set the overall business strategy, ensure channel and partner launch readiness, and manage the quarterly and long-term business planning.
Our team is responsible for executing on the sales and margin guidelines, and working with OEMs and retail partners to drive business of Chromebooks. We drive decisions for the product line (Chromebooks) to define market opportunities, including device assortment and retail execution. Combining strategy, planning, and P&L support, as well as day to day execution, we work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Finance, Sales and supply chain to grow the Chrome OS business.
You will lead both end to end initiatives as well as evergreen business planning, analysis and budget management. You will focus on improving the efficiency of existing processes through automation and developing programs to scale our growth efforts. Some of the attributes you will bring to this job include strong critical thinking, business analysis and project management skills along with a partner-centric mindset.
You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. You have demonstrated strong performance in your prior roles and are someone who can work in a changing industry; you tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
The Global Partnerships organization is responsible for exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Google’s Global Partnerships team works with a wide range of partners to bring the best of Google to power their business. The Global Partnerships team supports Google’s own Product teams with essential partnerships to help Google’s user experiences in advertising, Search, Assistant, Maps, Travel, Shopping, Payments and more. Teams create product-enabling partnerships, go-to-market strategies and incubate business growth for a variety of products.
- Develop, execute and manage go to market programs and business practices while driving development and adoption of sales tools.
- Determine key insights from key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics and report through Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs), monthly and weekly cadence and presentations, Sales reporting and stock positions, identify issues and work with partners to resolve.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams (Retail Operations, Technical Partner Management, Retail Marketing, etc.) to ensure quality execution.
- Manage team to deliver business metrics and data visualization (retail sales, inventory), PO tracking/reconciliation (accruals, invoicing, reporting).
- Lead discussions with stakeholders and build consensus among cross-functional teams to influence decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of program management and/or sales operations experience, within the consumer electronics space and/or retailchannels.
- Experience in building plans and analysis of business data and engaging with partners.
- MBA degree
- Experience with Category Management/Development
- Experience with Retail Execution and Compliance management in channel
- Demonstrated ability to present analysis and recommendations at senior stakeholder levels internally and externally
- Thoroughly understands sales/market information, identifying not only trends and opportunities, but also the reasons behind them
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level and to launch new programs and/or products successfully in the marketplace.