This position is responsible for….
Oversight of territory design and management, commission design and administration, CRM roadmap, and sales analytics activities. S/he serves as a business partner and primary point of contact for sales management and representatives for all field sales reporting needs, commission inquiries, and matters pertaining to territory performance. This is a highly visible position that will have a direct impact on the success of the organization and will present recommendations to executive leadership on a routine basis. S/he also manages GPO/IDN activities and acts as a business partner to the National Accounts team. The Manager, Sales Operations will accomplish the department objectives through management of assigned employees in the Sales Operations department as well as direct contributions.
Your day will be very busy… you will:
- Leadership responsibilities include the selection, development, performance management and continuous recalibration of staff; ensures appropriate staffing levels and resource allocation; performs administrative tasks associated with timekeeping, pay, performance, policy administration and other matters related to employment.
- Assesses staff and provides timely and consistent feedback regarding technical proficiency and effectiveness. Provides constructive feedback, guidance, and reinforcement to employees regarding job performance. Works with staff to identify work goals and create individual development plans. Evaluates training programs to ensure content meets staff needs.
- Directs metric development, analysis, reporting, sales analytics, and sales compensation.
- Delivers tactical solutions for supporting the achievement of revenue and income objectives.
- Partners with internal stakeholders and external vendors to gain agreement on business objectives and the sales programs and action plans needed to achieve them.
- Identifies sales trends and creative proactive solutions that help management gauge the performance of the business and creates proactive solutions to maximize sales performance.
- Utilizes sales analytics to help support quarterly sales forecasts, quota setting, and sales deployment decisions. Coordinates forecasting activity through CRM as available.
- Partners with Sales, Human Resources, and Finance management to support the development, approval, and communication of field sales compensation and incentive programs, and assists in developing the strategies and tools to maximize sales performance.
- Collaborates with the finance team to forecast performance and implements any necessary strategic and tactical changes to ensure achievement of annual objectives.
- Assists the sales leadership team with independent and direct sales representative onboarding.
- As needed, manages activities supporting GPO and IDN businesses and Master Data Management
What your background will be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in a sales operations or finance required. Experience from a medical device company preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in management of a team.
- Must be an expert in the use of Microsoft Excel. Computer proficient to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, Word, and Power Point capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.
- Experience with Oracle, CRM and Power BI strongly preferred.