Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Sales Operations Lead is a key role in delivering the disciplines and information required to drive sales performance, predictability, and efficiency. The role will be instrumental in helping to build and design sales programs to ensure that the sales force is driving aggressive revenue goals.
The Sales Ops lead will build and lead a team of professionals responsible for the consistent execution of sales methodology, processes, tools and procedures coupled with continuous improvement in reporting, analytics, forecasting and productivity. In addition, the role will deliver on territory/quota planning and tracking, lead routing, sales tools, and tech stack evaluation and management. They will also work on complex data analysis, and reporting with an ability to translate the data into actionable deliverables and results is a key measure of success of the role. This role will work closely with the finance and marketing teams, and be a thought partner on all things related to sales strategy and operations.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/BACKGROUND TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 8+ years of senior sales operations experience supporting aggressive revenue growth, preferably in a high velocity, enterprise (six figure ASP) SaaS environment
- Successful track record of developing innovative performance metrics and improvement programs that drive meaningful results
- Experience developing and managing sales compensation plans that drive business results as well as expertise in contract review and negotiations
- Proven track record of strong hiring and management of teams for high performance
- Experience researching and deploying sales productivity tools that improve results
- Experience working with FPNA, Biz Ops, Marketing Ops, and Marketing Leadership
- Experience working with sales managers, reps, and sales enablement lead
- Experience writing executive level reports that help drive decision making
COMPETENCIES (ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE)
- Strong analytical ability, process orientation and results focus
- Strong ability to present information
- Demonstrated ability to work well cross functionally with finance and marketing
- Proven ability to recruit and mentor talent
EXPECTED OUTCOMES IN 12 MONTHS
- Within 60 days (pick up the hammer)
- Understand our value proposition and customer segments - via our New Hire Training Program, research, and interactions with key stakeholders.
- Understand the customer journey from a systems standpoint from lead to prospect to customer to account growth to renewal
- Understand the sales plan, commission plans, price plans
- Gain working knowledge of our internal operational tools - e.g. Salesforce, Mode, etc.
- Develop good working relationships with Sales Leadership team, Finance team and Marketing team
- Write a Quarterly Report Understanding of key metrics and driving cross-functional alignment on KPIs
- Have plan for initial process and system improvements