The Sales Excellence Manager will develop and lead projects that drive operational excellence across US Sales Operations. They will monitor and evaluate operational metrics to identify process inefficiencies, prioritize improvement opportunities, then develop business cases and lead implementation plans to address those deemed to be high priority-high impact. They will also manage the field communications platform and work with stakeholders to maximize the effectiveness of field communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor key metrics across Sales Operations processes to identify and investigate trends that may indicate a process improvement opportunity.
- Coordinate the SFE Network to facilitate collaboration across all of Shire Franchise.
- Coordinate the Sales Operations QBR process to provide Franchise and Sales Leaders with information to help improve sales force effectiveness.
- Manage the field communications platform, ensuring that it contributes to an improvement in communications between HQ and the Field.
- Lead and manage strategic projects within Sales Operations.
- Represent Sales Operations on governance committees
- Establish and maintain strategic trusting relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Work with Franchise to understand commercial strategies and how Sales Operations can best support business needs.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the field communication platform.
- Escalate issues and risks to leadership, as needed, along with proposed solutions.
- Serve as the Chair for the SFE Network and ensure the Network produces outputs that make meaningful contributions to sales force effectiveness.
- Actively participate in US Sales Operations Leadership team meetings
- Lead strategic projects that cross Sales Operations disciplines and involve other functional partners (i.e., IT, Compliance, etc.).
- Serve as the Sales Operations representative on select governance committees and project teams.
- Lead development and delivery of internal team communications.
- Lead and implement Sales Operations process improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor Sales Operations data, KPIs and metrics to optimize operations and report to leadership.
- Use data and metrics to communicate Sales Operations effectiveness and to enable a fact-based dialogue with stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance and that all monitoring systems are aligned with regulatory and legal requirements
- Provide input into annual operating budget and strategic plan.
- Establish and maintain strategic, collaborative working relationships and alignment with cross functional stakeholders – Commercial, IT, Compliance, Legal — guiding activities and decisions and ensuring that business needs are met.
- Collaborate and partner across the Sales Operations and other functional teams aligning project objectives and timelines.
- Establish common ground between team members with divergent views and objectives.
- Drive process improvement initiatives yielding improved customer satisfaction, optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the support provided to the sales teams.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BachelorDegree, MS, MBA preferred
- 3-5years of related experience in Healthcare commercial operations role
- Experience working in regulated operations environment required
- Project management experiencerequired
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional groups and teams to achieve common goals required
- Marketing or Sales experiencepreferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Demonstrates critical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to produce clear and concise written and verbal communications.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, manage several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and communicate potential conflicts to leadership.
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service, collaborative working style and relationship building abilities.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across stakeholders.
- Proven success in managing a project team.
- Highly results-oriented with focus on creating measurable.
Req ID: R0019086