Sales Operations Business Partner – The position acts as the primary interface to the EMEA sales region with a secondary responsibility tied to specific global territory selling model initiatives. This individual must work collaboratively with salesleadership, managers and sales reps. The position is expected to raise sales efficiency, sales productivity and process compliance within those regions by means of consulting with the sales force and implementing best practice sales & operational processes. In addition to supporting the EMEA sales force, the position will also include certain responsibilities for specific subject matter areas and related continuous improvement project responsibilities related to major account sales. For those responsibilities the position will directly interface with the Sales Ops management.
- Facilitate the annual territory design, planning and quota allocation process with the EMEA sales force in accordance with the policies and tools established
- Review attainment trends for segments and regions and reviews results with sales management with insights designed to drive productivity and efficiency in the selling process.
- Utilize the centralized resources within Sales Operations to provide answers & solutions for the EMEA region.
- Provide the requiredreporting, analytics & business intelligence to support strategic & tactical initiatives.
- Assumes joint responsibility with EMEA sales management for process compliance
- Ensures appropriate bookings, pipeline and forecast reports and dashboards are made available to sales & service management. Alerts managers of non-compliance to ensure accuracy and cleanliness.
- Drives the forecast review process with the assigned Sales Management leader
- Supports the annual compensation plan design and communication to ensure correct plan types are allocated to the sales reps
- Enables the sales force so that dashboards, reports, compensationmechanics and initiatives are fully understood
- Assists sales and service leadership team with project coordination, lead to revenue, KPI tracking and associated performance management
- Supports the effective use of Salesforce.com to measure & improve sales force productivity/compliance
- Supports Sales Management team with new employee setup/admin tasks
- Consults with the Sales Management to manage periodic sales territory, hierarchy and sales rep changes to ensure appropriate mapping into our sales systems
- Attends EMEA sales management meetings on a regular basis to provide updates on relevant Sales Operations initiatives and developments
- Leads and supports selected broader Sales Operations initiatives and projects
- Provide interface to Marketing and Finance organizations
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
- 7-12+ years of work experience in Sales Operations with significant exposure to sales management teams in a B2B software or technology company
- Experience working in the EMEA market
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Sales Operations competence (forecasting, planning, sales systems, reporting, processes and methodologies, compensation and quota management)
- General understanding of Sales and BI Systems and domains relevant to specific processes & practices
- Experience with financial modeling and analytical tools such as Excel, SQL databases, etc. Experience using Salesforce.com and analytics tools
- Program/project management experience
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible insights, messages, communications, and presentations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage conflicting priorities and to complete assignments under aggressive time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to be productive with minimal supervision. Must be results oriented and able to move forward without complete information
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with diverse audiences, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Trusted advisor with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong drive and will to succeed
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; knows when to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus
- Direct Salesexperience a plus
- Experience working with international teams where English is not their primary language