The Sales Compensation Analyst will partner with the Manager, Sales Operations to ensure the tactical execution of initiatives and projects to drive the sales organization towards meeting the criteria for success within the defined sales strategies and objectives. The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen, combined with excellent analytical skills and a bias toward action. Strong process orientation and the ability to influence team members in a cross functional environment are also required. This opportunity allows the individual in this role to develop their career in a challenging yet very high visibility role.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the support of incentive compensation within the scope of the North American LPD field sales teams. This includes but is not limited to:
- Involvement in sales compensation plan design for all members of the team ranging from Territory Sales Reps through Zone Directors as well as Inside Sales Teams and all other members that are eligible under the Incentive Compensation Program.
- Working with the Manager, Sales Operations - review monthly incentive compensation payouts and cases (adjustments).
- Support all the Sales Team and Sales Operations team with the Month End Reporting and Incentive Compensation process. This includes but is not limited to the month end Reports for the Sales teams as well as preparing compensation data for review and approval by the Manager, Sales Operations for Incentive Compensation.
- Support Manager, Sales Operations in AOP Setting for North American Sales Organization including commissions and forecasting.
- Responsible for data quality and maintenance, by reviewing and updating key assignments in the Sales Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for special projects that support the strategic initiatives of the North American Sales Organization.
- Ownership of the Sales Rep Product/Channel responsibility matrix. This role will have complete understanding of all the products and sales channels that the various sales teams in the North American organization are responsible for. This includes the complete documentation and change management of this matrix to support the sales strategies of the organization.
- Support of the Sales Territory Management process. This includes support the sales organization with territory mapping, deriving tools and documentation that articulates the mapping to the Sales Organization and other entities as required.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting as requested by the members of Sales Operations and Commercial teams.
- Provide input and insight into commercial discussion as a full-standing member of Commercial and Sales Operations teams.Preferred characteristics:
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Exhibits always, personal accountability to accuracy of information and deadlines
- Proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via candid dialogue
- Must operation effectively in a complex matrix organization, having a track record of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships with peers and upper management
- Strong commercial orientation with demonstrated experience partnering with business leaders to drive growth
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated with high bias for action and accountability
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a complex global business environment
- Drives a culture of accountability
How will you get here?
- BA/BS degree in finance, or other business related disciplines (MBA a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Operations or related Commercial Support role
- Diagnostics, Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences experience preferred
- Must have experience as a sales operations business partner, or related function, with cross functional teams.
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressively responsible business experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), Xactly ICM Tool, PowerPoint, is preferred
- The successful candidate should expect 10% - 15% travel