In addition, the Sales Operations Account Manager will engage with the customer and the Sales and Marketing teams to understand and anticipate demand variations. This role is in support of our distributionchannel accounts.
World class operational excellence is a cornerstone of success, and the Sales Operations Account Manager will play a critical role in ensuring operational and financial success for Seagate.
- Analyze forecasted demand, inventory, and customer sell through to develop and manage weekly and quarterly demand / supply plans.
- Results should focus on supporting Seagate revenue goals while minimizing inventoryliability. Evaluate risks, plan and implement contingency plans to mitigate.
- Analyze customer demand, purchase orders and backlog on a daily/weekly basis. Identify problem areas, and drive appropriate customer engagement and internal functional groups to correct. Must have an understanding of trend analysis and future demand projections.
- Coordinate closely with Sales Operations team to ensure supply plans support direct & indirect customer needs and channel weekly sales out while maintaining appropriate channelinventory levels.
- Coordinate with Sales and Product Line Management teams to set launch quantities and ensure smooth product transitions.
- Partner with logistics teams to determine and execute optimal supply chain for all product shipments, incorporating both cost and customer service metrics.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- The successful candidate will ideally have 3-5 years Operations or Inside Sales Support experience, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Excel Skills are a requirement, advanced skills are preferred.
- Prior experience in the consumer or distributionchannel is strongly preferred.
- The candidate must be a strong team player and communicator. Additional requirements include the ability to think strategically and execute tactically as well as having a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
- Prior experience in account management, inventory management, or supply chain is strongly preferred. The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- BA/BS preferred