This role is responsible for improving sales productivity by streamlining sales processes and delivering new tools. You will support, enable and drive the sales team to sell better, faster and more efficiently. You will leverage data analytics extensively to influence strategy, define best practices and determine what sales enablement technologies are required. You will define and monitor the KPIs necessary to improve sales processes and performance and assist with onboarding and training new sales reps to ensure quick time to productivity. You will also be responsible for delivering the sales reports required by sales management to evaluate business performance and determine strategic growth plans. The chosen candidate will be expected to work with their peers in Marketing to optimise market segmentation and lead allocation/qualification. This role will leverage Product Management/Marketing resources to help produce knowledge base(s), content assets and sales tools. You will also be expected to work with Finance to provide accurate forecasts and implement sales compensation and incentive plans. In addition, you will work with Finance to ensure quotes, contracts and orders are created in accordance with company policy. The Sales Operations Manager will take responsibility for administrative tasks enabling sales leaders to focus on strategic planning, tactical decisions and sales team management/coaching. He or she will ensure the sales organisation has the necessary support, systems, tools and training to optimise sales performance.
- Analyse key sales metrics to deliver business insights and actions that improve sales performance.
- Identify and eliminate sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Maintain, communicate and enforce sales processes and policies.
- Produce sales reporting with BI tools for sales leaders, managers and reps.
- Generate accurate sales forecasts for business and strategic planning.
- Develop sales compensation and incentive programs with Finance and Sales Management.
- Manage a Deals Desk for reviewing bids/proposals with key internal stakeholders.
- Deliver sales tools, knowledge bases and content assets with Product Management/Marketing.
- Provide sales training and assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new sales reps.
- Assist with Salesforce and the associated technology stack administration.
- Refine lead allocation/qualification processes and customer segmentation with Marketing.
- Assist and help refine renewal and upsell/cross-sell processes using actionable data.
- Support sales incentive programs by reporting on performance and calculating commissions.
- 5+ years in Sales Operations role building and scaling a sales operation and/or sales enablement function.
- 4 year college, BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Management, Engineering, or other technical fields.
- Ability to translate sales strategies into systems and process requirements.
- Extensive experience implementing, administering and/or using Salesforce.com.
- Extensive expereince using Excel and Business Intelligence tools to uncover business insights.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and strong project management skills.
- Experience at high growth SaaS or enterprise software company.
- Track record of driving change by working cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance and IT.
- Good interpersonal skills that fosters positive working relationships across the organization.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, with a high regard for quality and consistency of communication.
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively with multiple levels of management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Located in Dallas (Tx) metro area.
- Ability to travelinternationally <10%.
- Several years in SDR/BDR, Sales Rep and/or Account Manager role.
- Experience with other Sales and Marketing Automation tools e.g. Marketo, Pardot etc.