General Description: The basic function of this role is to be a strong resource for Benefits and Property & Casualty producers to make them more efficient and effective in driving new sales by lead/sales generation and ensuring customer retention through various marketing channels. This hybrid position combines the responsibilities of the CRM Resource and the Sales and Marketing Specialist.
- Support EB and PC Sales Management with coordination, producer follow-up and preparation of management reports for the following meetings: Huddle meetings, Producer 1 on 1 meetings, monthly corporate NB calls (ensure stages/forecast are accurate), Stewardship Calls triage calls (critical at-risk accounts), and Leader Calls.
- Train new Producers on the CRM Sales application and process.
- Create/assign new Opportunities in CRM and train/support pipeline management
- Assign Cross-Sell Producer to all Stewardship Accounts according to Sales Leaders instructions.
- Report findings and recommendation to sales leaders. Verify Opportunity Stage is accurate and coincides with recorded Appointments and Wins.
- Ensure activities related to Get, Prep, Advance, Close, Keep, Blue Wheel, Engagement Platform and Referral are accurate by coaching producers to enter data for their activities timely and accurately. Verify all Wins tie to Sagitta and provide tracking of all initiatives within CRM.
- Ensure accurate data by merging duplicate records, reassigning terminated producers, updating risk assessments as needed, and completing specific data management requests. Compare Wins in CRM to booked new rev in Sagitta and follow up with necessary adjustments.
- Responsible for maintaining an open line of communication with producers regarding procedural changes, advancement, developing work flows, and lead management with CRM.
- Compile and generate various sales and management reports, including but not limited to New/Lost business, Cross Sell, Risk Assessment, Referral, PEAK and Stewardship.
- Work closely with Sales Leaders and HR to complete CRM training for newly hired/acquired producers and ensure each producer has 50+ Quality Prospects within 30 days of hire date.
- Work with Sales Management to coordinate and support sales staff training including marketing opportunities, technical training, value propositions, sales presentation production and delivery and role-playing practice sessions.
Sales and Marketing Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with USI Graphic Standards.
- Conduct research and provide information to Employee Benefits (EB) and Property & Casualty (PC) sales team on existing and prospective clients. Utilize this information for the development of new sales relationships, management of client databases, including CRM and assisting with the integrity of the data, including social media.
- Prepare presentations and supporting sales materials. Maintain continuity of USI collateral materials to maintain an effective and unified marketing message.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing or Communications preferred)
- At least 3-5 years’ experience providing sales and or marketing support at the executive level; administrative and insurance experience preferred.
- Must have technical skills to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM software program. Strong skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to manage projects and drive adherence to procedures.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks so that deadlines are met and schedules are maintained smoothly.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and balance multiple priorities with acute attention to detail. Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Self-disciplined to start projects, budget time, and meet deadlines and production schedules.
- Must be able to adapt to immediate needs of producers and management.
- Must have strong initiative and be properly assertive in presenting new ideas to management and producers.
Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment with minimal noise and limited to no exposure to chemicals or toxins. Employees operate office equipment including; telephone - headset, Computer, computer monitors, keyboard, mouse, copier, scanner and mail machine. Physical tasks of job include; walking, sitting, standing and bending.
Analysis of Physical Demands:
- Constantly (over 66% of time) work performed requires employees to use repetitive hand motions such as typing, using a keyboard, and sitting at a desk.
- Frequently (34%-66% of time) work performed requires employees to handle and grasp things, walk on normal surfaces, stand and bend.
- Occasionally (1%-33% of time) work performed requires employees walk on uneven or slippery surfaces to and from work and occasionally reach outward to grab things and bend.
- Rarely (< than 1 hour per week) work performed requires Lifting/Carrying items that range from 10-50lbs, pushing/pulling items that range from 10-50lbs, twisting/ turning including reaching over shoulder or above head , kneeling or squatting.