To increase profitability of CertainTeed Insulation Products sold thru the channel. This position will work closely with the US TI directors of sales and marketing, product management, IPG sales organization, R&D, and the Ottawa and Redcliff plants on implementation of short term tactical objectives. This position will be responsible for establishing and implementing long term strategic objectives to grow sales and profit in the channel, and will work closely with the VP of Marketing & Technical Insulation. This position will manage and negotiate agreements, contracts, and day to day pricing with national, regional and local TI accounts. This position will have pricing authority on day to day decisions within the channel.
Take a leading role in development of and execution of the strategic and tactical business development plan for the Channel.
- Provide ongoing analysis of competitor actions within the channel. Utilize analysis to develop winning strategic objectives for CertainTeed.
- Support senior management team in the development of the overall business strategy.
- Play a leading role in building effective collaboration between the US TI organization and IPG organizations.
Day to day management of all customers in this channel.
- Prospect and convert accounts to the full line of products.
- Negotiate annual customer incentive programs and contracts to drive mix and profitability.
Work closely with marketing team to create key marketing objectives.
- Represent marketplace "voice of customer" in the form of new product ideas, new partnerships, and new programs to be created by the marketing team.
- Develop and implement customer loyalty programs as needed.
- Sales execution on specific product management directed activities, such as sales of SMOB, test markets for new products, etc.
Business planning and analysis
- Develop sales budgets and forecasts down to the customer level within respective channel.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- The ideal candidate will possess related experience technical insulation in Canada.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in sales and or marketing with prior experience in national account or regional sales management is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated capability and success in building relationships, negotiation, and increased sales and market share.
- MPR/Competencies: Achievement Orientation, Mission of Service, Discerner, Decision Maker, Strategist, Proactivity, Intensity, Assertor, Relator, Persuader, Communication skills required.