You will also work closely with our Sales and Marketing teams supporting Operations, Analytics, BI and Data Science. Bring your understanding of the business cycle from prospect to customer booking and work with business partners to identify the associated data needs. Help identify the best sources of data, collaborate with the development team to determine the best methods for acquiring, storing and processing the data. Finally, partner with our business to analyze the results.
You do you have a background with Salesforce.com? Good, you'll need it! You should also demonstrate an understanding of data analytics and warehousing tools. Be a subject matter expert on the data requirements in the marketing funnel and the sales “Lead to Quote to Order” process. Gather detailed business requirements, facilitate and document process design sessions, conduct user acceptance testing and train for new application deployments. Additionally, may provide some light project management of different groups to achieve results.
Know your customer and provide superb customer service. Be comfortable interacting between various groups while advocating for their customer’s needs. Ideally, having previous consulting experience and the ability to be comfortable preparing summary presentations for business leaders is key.
Lastly, bring a high degree of business proficiency, professional maturity, and poise. Critical thinking and the desire to continuously learn & improve is required.
Essential job functions:
- Own the business relationship with key stakeholders in Sales and Marketing Operations to align business objectives with data priorities and advocate for business partners in cross-functional prioritization sessions
- Assist the project sponsor and/or product business owner in documenting the product’s vision and the project’s scope
- Lead business partners in prioritizing requirements to fit within available budgets and schedules while collaborating with business leaders to assess cases for additional technologyinvestments
- Lead requirements gathering sessions using the following methods: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, swim lanes, use cases, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Lead the decomposition of high-level business and user requirements into functional data requirements. Specify the appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who base their work on those requirements
- Identify and resolve conflicting requirements
- Build and execute user acceptance criteria to include external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
- Present requirements using alternative views, such as data models, use cases and data dictionaries, as appropriate
- Identify requirements that are consistent with company policies, regulations, and standards
- Contribute in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Chip in to requirements traceability information and tracking requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baseline requirements through effective application of change control processes, tools, and appropriate escalation
- Research and recommend improvements to business processes, organization, and rules that can increase the advantages gained from technical and non-technical solutions
- Review new trends in sales and marketing business systems and propose new features with potential business benefits
- Document complex system and data workflows
- Assist in development of project communications to partners and ensure clear and timely communication to end user groups
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with peers in IT to ensure timely delivery of business functionality
Show us your knowledge:
- Sales and Marketing business processes
- Data structures Data warehousing and ETL technologies
- Sales operations processes
- Requirements definition and documentation
- Story writing with success measures
- Business process analysis and documentation including swimlanes and process flows
- Identify problems and recommend solutions
- Requirements prioritization sessions
- Facilitation of requirements sessions
- Lead user acceptance testing
What should you have?
- Hold a BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Bring 7+ years a business analysis experience or something similar
- 1 year working with Salesforce and Marketing data would be great!
- We prefer seeing someone with 3+ years of experience working with sales systems
- Superb communication, problem-solving, planning, and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Understanding of software design lifecycle, ITIL or other development lifecycles a plus.
- Work experience in business analysis and process modeling and project management lifecycles
- Six Sigmaexperience is ideal
- Advanced knowledge of the end-to-end business processes in Lead to Order sales processes