Sales/Market Development Manager - Industrial - Southeast - 27036263
Our Client is a fully integrated manufacturer and supplier of building and construction products worldwide including gypsum wallboard, joint treatment products and cement board.
They have an immediate opening for a Sales/Market Development Manager to cover the Southeastern Area of the USA (FL, LA, AL, and MS,) reporting to the Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC.
This applicant must reside in the Southeastern area (FL, AL, MS, LA) to hold this position.
This position is critical to the long-term growth of the Cement Board Business Unit. This position will develop company sales of a cement board tile under layment, to tile and drywall contractors, builders, tile dealers and distributors and expand sales with Exterior Cement Board Systems and the retailsaleschannel. The incumbent will devote efforts to training salesassociates and assist marketing and research on new product development and product improvements. Applicant must reside in the Southeast area.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Train company associates on the technical aspects and working characteristics of cement board and attend area sales meetings to discuss market issues and potential.
- Visit all assigned National/Regional Tile and Grout Manufacturer headquarters. Visit all assigned tile distributors, wholesale distributors and retail accounts inside their geographic territory.
- Develop and implement a sales strategy, with the dealer salesassociate, for each market class it their respective territory. The strategy will include maintaining current sales, growing through new customers, needed merchandising assistance and introduction of any new products.
- Assist the territory manager in establishing relationships with the growing base of stucco and masonry veneer manufactures who support the company’s exteriors system.
- Develop and implement, with the Market Manager’s approval, merchandising programs for the tile segment to cost effectively increase sales volume. These would include, but not be limited to, merchandising aids and coordinating contractor/DIY clinics.
- Assist in the retailchannel and the dealer salesassociates with merchandising aid placement and coordinating contractor/DIY clinics at retaillocations.
- Spend an appropriate amount of time on jobs (in the field) to understand the desired working characteristics of products required by the tile industry. Forward all developed market intelligence to the Market Manager and the Cement Board Research Team.
- Work withmarketing and research on new product development for incremental sales to segments, applications and markets that currently are not using cement board.
- Identify with research all code agency approvals and industry standards, such as ASTM and ANSI, necessary to be competitive in the marketplace.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of the exterior sheathing market, the EIFS market, and the roofing market to identify market opportunities for our products.
- Travel in the assigned Area(s) to sell and promote cement board.
- Identify and coordinate lunch and learn opportunities within the architectural design/build community.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 - 10years’ experience in the Building Materials industry required.
- Building construction and/or ceramic tile background experiencepreferred.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- The confidence and ability to communicate effectively with architects, business owners, purchasing agents, and contractors.
- Strong computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office.
- 70% overnight travelrequired
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
Base Salary: $90,.00 - $110,.00 (DOE),
Locations: Any City Close to a Major Airport in FL, AL, MS, or LA
Relocation: No (Home Office)
Positions: (1) Openings
Cube Management is a global recruiting and consulting firm that helps companies accelerate their sales, by providing the top-level talent they need to grow their business. Cube Management is a leading recruiting and consulting partner to emerging growth, mid-market and global companies in the technology, manufacturing, healthcare, consumer package goods and business service sectors. We work across the spectrum of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Safety, Engineering, Accounting and Business Development, providing holistic solutions that drive revenue and profit success. Cube Management combines Strategy, Process and People, to produce great results.