- Direct, coordinate and manage all the activities of the Sales Team. Ensure responsibilities, goals, and objectives of subordinates are clearly defined and executed.
- Drive the entire sales cycle, work with the Sales Team to assign, prospect and manage new buisness opportunitites. Maximize opportunities by actively contacting existing and new accounts through direct contact and cold calling efforts.
- Develop the long term strategy and short term tactics to significantly expand Black Box’s market share and revenue growth. Execute and achieve the sales operating plan by developing and identifying opportunity maps, target accounts, forecasts, sales strategies, tactics, and resource requirements.
- Develop profiles of sales channels required to maximize market penetration and growth. Work directly and indirectly with End-Users and Channel Partners to coordinate efforts and ensure Black Box interests are protected and maximized.
- Act as a spokesperson for the business, both internally and externally to enhance the company’s image and relationship with key stakeholders, strategic channel partners, and decision makers of customers.
- Ensure relationships with customers are well managed and that future customer requirements are understood and responded to effectively, managing priorities as needed. Anticipate customer business drivers and requirements to proactively deliver updates and responses.
- Ensure both Inside and Outside Rep’s are building and managing an active pipeline of new business opportunities through prospecting and lead nuturing and prioritizing resources to build a strong and sustainable opportunity pipeline.
- Make sure all prospective leads are properly captured into Salesforce.com (SF) and receive the appropriate levels of attention. Monitor resources to ensure they are properly directed towards high yield customer penetration opportunities and prioritized based on deal closure probability and opportunity size.
- Responsible for providing weekly forecast updates for both run-rate and project business to Sales Operations Team.
- Regularly monitor Team’s performance against goals and work with members to ensure engagement while identifying gap recovery plans.
- Prepare and deliver monthly business reviews. Monitor and review performance against plan/forecast and lead in-depth reviews to explore variances and advise Black Box management on significant changes, developments and actions required.
- Assist with the RFQ process, including proposal development, specification compliance, scope development, pricing, and terms and conditions. Negotiate pricing and contractual terms as required, in line with company guidelines
- Provide input from customers on market conditions, competitor strategies and industry trends to drive real-time feedback into the organization.
- Create a collaborative culture, driving employee development and mission alignment through the Khorus Goal Setting Tool. Foster Team development through effective coaching, positive motivation, clear communication of objectives and ongoing skills/product training with regular informal and formal feedback sessions.
- Ensure Black Box Management and resources are involved at critical times and during pivotal opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures for ethics and corporate governance, and all Canadian laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience managing a Sales Team, with a track record of delivering results against an aggressive plan. This individual will have demonstrated they take ownership and responsibility for their commitment and are able to deliver despite constraints or unexpected obstacles.
- Possesses a high degree of self-motivation. Driven by metrics and produces results that meet or exceed Black Box’s growth requirements.
- Ability to thrive in a strategic and tactical hands-on role. Must have a strong work ethic and energetic style; a self-starter who sets the example and creates an environment of high expectations. Must be comfortable and have experience using the informal structure, dynamics and culture of the organization to get things done.
- Combines strong hunting and networking skills to identify profitable growth opportunities. Knows and understands the Canadian market including required regulatory issues, market drivers, channels, key stakeholders, etc.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to execute tactically. Uses instinct as well as data to accurately assess business situations and industry trends; makes timely, appropriate recommendations and implements appropriate plans.
- Personal leadership style that includes self-awareness. Accepts feedback, understands and maximizes strengths while working to develop weaknesses.
- Leads with a strong set of values. Maintains high ethical standards. Demonstrated experience as a people manager, including team leadership and people development. The ideal candidate will have built high performance and achievement orientated teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.