The Sales Manager will be responsible for developing and leading a team of Inside Account Executives in the identification, targeting, selling, and closing of new solutions business with existing customers as well as new named customers for Zones. The Sales Manager will be responsible for directing activities that are necessary to strengthen customer relationships, support growth initiatives and enter into new markets, by leading a team of resources chartered with selling Zones product and services solutions to identified clients. As a people manager, foster an empowered and highly effective team, focused on aligning efforts with business results.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Sales Manager is primarily responsible for:
- Provide leadership and day to day direction of Account Executives including pipeline and performance management and reporting. Use playbook as foundation for daily activity and inspection of Account Executive Team.
- Provide day to day leadership that is: Proactive, Prepared, Precise, Prescriptive and Practiced.
- Develop strategies and market plans and identify new and relevant product/service offerings within assigned territory.
- Foster an empowered and highly effective team, focused on aligning efforts with business results.
- Direct activities that are necessary to strengthen client relationships, support growth initiatives and enter into new markets by leading a team of resources chartered with selling product and services solutions to identified clients. These include:
- Core IT products
- Advanced Technology Products
- Software as a Service (SAAS)
- Lifecycle Services Engages
- Global Fulfillment
- Line of Business (LOB) Solutions
- Develop the strategies and market plans required to grow existing Zones client solution business, as well as land new potential Zones clients within the assigned geography.
- Managed customer portfolio to assigned revenue, profit and contribution quotas.
- Provide the leadership and day to day direction of Account Executives including pipeline management, performance reporting and performance management.
- Apply knowledge of the technology resale and solution provider industry and market trends to identify key prospects and obtain meetings with key decision makers.
- Directly engage Zones business partner executives in the planning and execution of Territory specific events, seminars and programs to further differentiate Zones from our competitors.
- Develop meaningful business relationships with Zones client prospects, and business partners at the Executive level to create awareness and understanding of the Zones brand and capabilities.
- Generate new business through the participation and leadership of unsolicited/solicited business proposals, presentations and targeted meetings with Zones clients’ prospects assigned to the Business Development Organization.
- Apply knowledge of Zones competitive differentiators in sales situations and be responsible for closing new business.
- Identify new and relevant product/service offerings and or marketing opportunities to expand Zones market share within the assigned Territory.
We are se eking candidates with the following experience and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field
- 2+ years required of sales management experience within the IT industry
- 5+ years required of direct selling sales experience
- Strong understanding of computer industry and industry channels
- Proven track record for the design implementation and success of strategic planning initiatives
- Proven track record for meeting financial goals and key sales objectives
- Strong values and work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) Strong Word Excel and Outlook program skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Proven track record of developing and closing new account business and meeting sales objectives
- Hardware resale, Technology industry and subject-matter expertise
- Strong time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and deal effectively with others, both internally and externally